Marie Robinson is widely known as the best colorist in Manhattan. With the opening of her new beauty destination, The Marie Robinson Salon, this petite blonde genius is not just an artist, but a business owner.
Her client list reads like a who’s who of Hollywood: Liv Tyler, Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Connelly, Kristen Stewart, Naomi Watts, Heather Graham, Michelle Williams, Molly Shannon, and Emma Stone. She is best known for entirely changing hair colors – think Emma Stone’s recent transformation from red to blonde.
Here, I ask Marie my 3 favorite beauty-related questions.
FIRST BIG BREAK: I was blessed to work with some of the most talented people in the industry such as Danilo, who was a mentor of mine. If he was too busy with other jobs, whether it was fashion shows or editorial shoots, he would recommend me for major hair color changes on models for shows.
Besides being very detailed-oriented in hair color corrections and never saying no to the color challenge, I became the ‘go-to’ girl for model agencies and celebrities.
5 MOST COVETED PRODUCTS:
1. ColoristCure – A treatment exclusive to our salon that conditions hair and revives hair color.
2. REF Dry Shampoo – Gives hair body for a day old blow dry.
3. NARS Schiap lipstick – It’s the happiest pink color.
4. Malibu Shampoo – It’s great for my blondes that have well water or swim in chlorine.
5. Clairol Nice N’ Easy Root Touch Up – It’s a great way for clients to touch up their roots in between visits with me as I know it will keep grays in check.
Kristen Stewart before (left) and after (right) Marie Robinson did her coloring
FAVORITE LOOK YOU’VE EVER CREATED: I had a really great time working with Kristen Stewart. I turned her from dark brown to strawberry copper in under two hours. I loved the challenge and she was so sweet and polite.