When it comes to nail trends for the winter, it’s all about muted or slightly shiny neutral shades (think taupe, beige, and yes, grey is still hot this season– all of which you can find at Essie). But for the holiday portion of the winter months, think outside the box and go for something a bit more festive.
Work in a touch (or a densely packed amount!) of sparkle, go for an offbeat color (iridescent blue, for example), or brush on a pop of metallic in between pale pink and cream shades.
For some inspiration, check out the round-up below featuring the season’s most coveted shades.
(Just keep in mind that you’ll want to jump on these stunning limited edition hues now before they’ve disappeared from shelves!)
1. Estee Lauder Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Extravagant Pearl (gold/silver with sparkle and high shimmer) and Extravagant Night (deep plum with pieces of silver glitter), $18 each
2. Deborah Lippmann in Boom Boom Bow (a 24 carat gold-flecked shade inspired by an editorial shoot Lippmann worked on with Kate Moss; the supermodel was photographed nude, draped in gold jewelry) and Today was a Fairytale (a silvery-blue shade with silver sequin flecks), $20 each
3. Pop Beauty in Xmas (ruby red with glitter) and Twinkle (electric glitter), $10 each
4. Chanel in Pulsion (fuchsia), $23
5. Butter London in Perfect Prezzie (dark burgundy lacquer streaked with gold), Fairy Lights (rosy pink), and Knees Up (Brit slang for getting drunk, a popping metallic red shade), $14 each
6. Barielle Holiday Hustle Collection which includes Elle’s Spell (jelly red with multi-colored foil flakes), Gelt Me To The Party (copper bronze metallic), Coalest Day Of The Year (carbon gray with white pearls), Wrap Me In Ribbon (metallic raspberry with violet and copper pearl undertones), Jess’ Champagne Toast (metallic violet with rose gold glitter), and Snow Day (ice blue metallic with silver undertones), $6 each
7. Zoya Flame Collection which includes six shades each with high sparkle and foil-like finishes: Tiffany (peachy-pink), Gloria (mauve-pink), Sarah (dark fuchsia), Crystal (light, silvered blue metallic), Lisa (iridescent deep raspberry), Valerie (dark violet), $7 each or $36 for the set
8. NARS in Poker Face (vivid lilac), $16
9. Illamasqua in Viridian (rich emerald green with a pearl shimmer) and Scarab (shimmering red with velvet-like finish), $14 each
10. The Revlon Fire and Ice Collection includes four popping polishes in classic shades: All Fired Up (deep red), Siren (vibrant orange), Temptress (orangy-pink), and Demure (peachy-pink), $4.79 each. Though you can wear each of them on their own, they work as a great primer coat for sparkling shades (like Pop’s Twinkle) to create a high-impact nail look.