If the New York Fashion Week Fall 2011 beauty looks weren’t enough to convince us that the breezy, natural look was on its way out (at least on the runway), the London shows—even bolder than in seasons past—hit the nail on the coffin. Say bye to loose curls and pink lipstick because the stand-out looks in London included blotchy makeup splattered on models’ faces, explosively voluminous ponytails, and so much more that limiting the list to 10 looks was quite the feat. Here are 10 of the most memorable Fall 2011 London Fashion Week beauty looks.
1. Colorfully scary face paint and fried hair at Vivienne Westwood Red Label
2. Yellow shadow at Peter Pilotto
3. Explosive ponytails at Issa
4. Oversized hair bows, nude eyes, and bright lips at Giles
7. Multi-colored polka dots, bondage, and balloons at Louise Gray
8. Rectangle brow, multi-colored lips, and sculptural hair at Maria Grachvogel
9. Blue lips and winged eyes at Felder Felder
10. Braids-meets-Batman-meets-Little-Red-Riding-Hood at PPQ
Photos: Vincenzo Grillo, IMAXtree.