If you're looking for a new product to shake up your beauty routine, we've got some leads from five top makeup artists. Since their work involves both editorial and real-world application, and because they have to be ready for every kind of skin type and tone, their favorite products represent the holy grail of makeup: on-trend and wearable products that suit a variety of beauty needs. If you're going to be navigating the makeup maze anytime soon, you can't wrong with these expert recommendations.
Eyelash Curler & Cream Shadow:
- Jessica Liebeskind (right) is all about the eyes: she chose Tarte Eyelash Curler as a subtle way to accent your pretty peepers and Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Long-Wear Sparkling Cream Shadow, which comes in several shimmering shades for a night out or a playful daytime look.
Mascara & Finish:
- If you're on the prowl for a new mascara, Stephania Parent vouches for L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara. And her choice of the best new product on the market? Smashbox's Contour Kit. "You can finish your face with it and not need anything else," promises Stephania.
- Because flawless skin never goes out of style, Sylwia Rakowska swears by Giorgio Armani Silk Foundation, calling it her all-time favorite beauty product.
- To improve the wear and longevity of your foundation, Shintaro Teraoka recommends E-scential Beauty Foundation Primer with Vitamins A & E and Grapeseed Extract
Highlighter & Eyeliner:
- To brighten up your skin, Donna Fumoso adores Smashbox Photo Op for an easy, radiant glow. And if you're looking for a great eyeliner, Donna turns to Smashbox once again, singling out their Limitless Liquid Liner Pen.
Photo by Tim Geaney