It’s hard to beat Paris when it comes to fashion. Everything from the theatrical presentations to the ready to wear looks themselves are in a league of their own when compared to most of the shows in the other fashion capitals – and the beauty looks are no exception. From a whole head covered in Goody barrettes at Alexander McQueen, to gray beehive hairdos at Jean Paul Gaultier, the beauty looks at this season’s Paris Fashion Week shows were beguilingly imaginative.
Here are 10 of the most memorable.
1. Hair, in a Tron-inspired twist, covered completely with barrettes at Alexander McQueen
2. Maxi length red nails at Emanuel Ungaro
3. Quirky rosette covered braids at Kenzo
4. Androgynous hair and makeup at Rochas
5. Sculpted hair at Gaspard Yurkievich
6. Perhaps it was the full-on red face look at Victor & Rolf that’s to blame for Lindsey Wixson’s early exit from Paris Fashion Week due to an allergic reaction to makeup
7. Messy ponytails with almost no product and jewelry-inspired gold rings at Dries van Noten
9. Sleek chignon at Loewe
10. Gray beehives at Jean Paul Gaultier
Photos: Vincenzo Grillo, IMAXtree.