By now, we all know that lathering skin in SPF is a daily must, but many of us forget that our hair and scalp need similar protection when the temperatures heat up. Add to that the damaging effect of sea salt, chlorine, and dry heat, and hair can become a frizzy mess quicker than you can slip into your newest little white dress.
Check-out the below products, all of which are designed to keep hair's color, luster, and texture in check.
1. Bumble and Bumble Mending Shampoo, $29. Bb’s Mending line not only helps protect against future damage, but helps repair damage from past chemical processing and coloring.
3. TIGI Bed Head Colour Combat Leave-In Conditioner, $14.99. Helps preserve color from turning brassy when exposed to sun and chlorine.
4. L’Oreal Brass Banisher, $8.49. Reduces brassy tones and unwanted warmth from natural, color-treated or highlighted hair. The best part is that it works in just five minutes.
5. Living Proof Styling Products. Whether you prefer a spray or a cream and whether your hair is curly or straight, Living Proof offers hands down the best line of frizz controlling hair products.
6. Redken Color Extend Sun Solar Screen SPF 12, $17.38. Spray this in your hair pre sun exposure and it will protect your hair from discoloration and your scalp from burning.
7. Keratin Complex Thermo-Shine, $17. Getting that effortless, beach-y hair look tends to not be as effortless as we'd like. This product offers protection against heat styling tools, while imparting a slight luster for a "natural" shine look.
8. Kerastase Masque UV Defense Active, $60. When temperatures really heat up, apply this masque to your towel-dried hair post sun exposure. Leave it in for five minutes and then rinse it out thoroughly. It will help replenish the moisture hair has lost and prevent dry, crunchy, frizzy hair.