Mara Roszak isn't your typical celebrity hair stylist. Sure, she's styled many a famous mane in her time; Mila Kunis, Emma Stone, Zoe Saldana, Jessica Biel, and Sara Bareilles are some of her clients. Mara, however, is also a trendsetter of sorts. As the TRESemme Celebrity Stylist, she helps launch products, provide tips, and offer trends. All this in between helping young Hollywood flaunt their 'dos from one red carpet to the next. But like any true Hollywood story, this one's got a fascinating twist: Mara wasn't even meant to be a hair stylist; the job literally fell into her lap, er, hands! It all started with Sarah Michelle Gellar's marvelous mane and a movie premiere. Here, we ask Mara our three favorite beauty questions.
INDUSTRY BREAK: A friend of mine, who at the time was a celebrity publicist, asked me if I would do her a favor and work with one of her clients, who turned out to be Sarah Michelle Gellar. I was new to the industry at the time, but I immediately jumped at the chance to do an actress' hair for a big movie premiere in Los Angeles. Little did I know, this would be the jumping off point for a whole new career.
FIVE MOST COVETED PRODUCTS:
1. Greyl Voluforme Hairspray – It's a great light weight hairspray that can be brushed through and molded yet still gives the hair a great hold.
2. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray – It's a great "texturizer" for the hair. It makes the hair feel like you've spent a day at the beach.
3. Batiste Dry Shampoo – It's not only great for second-day hair, but also for styling! It gives the hair a great voluminous fluffy texture, perfect for up-dos.
4. Phyto Phytovolume Spray – It's a must-have for blow drying hair. Everyone benefits from a little lift at the roots, and that's exactly what this product does without weighing the hair down.
5. Greyl Eclat Natural – It's the perfect lightweight cream to use on dry hair, to break up the style and calm frizz.
FAVORITE LOOK YOU'VE CREATED: Emma Stone's Golden Globes look. This was one of the first red carpet events I styled Emma for with her new blonde hair! I absolutely love Emma as a blonde, and I just thought the whole look came together in the most amazing way. I loved everything about it. I wanted her hair to complement the dress which was so fresh and young, but extremely elegant.