Quinn Murphy has done it all – from high fashion to red carpet, and his makeup skills are unparalleled in the industry. If his loyal following of celebrity clients — America Ferrera, Adriana Lima, and Liv Tyler are just a few — are any indication of his astute artistry, then Murphy is at the top of his game. Always on-trend, his eye for beauty is truly extraordinary.
When I moved to New York, I got a job temping at the Estee Lauder Corporation. I worked for MAC and Estee Lauder in product development. That opened my eyes to the world of beauty and fashion. From there, I took a leap of faith into the freelance world of makeup. I've never been happier.
5 MOST COVETED BEAUTY PRODUCTS:
1. Cleu de Peau Brow Powder #2 – It's a genius product! It comes in blond and brunette. The blond is the best blond ever! You can mix them together to get the perfect shade.
2. NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Indian Summer – Who would have thought that mustard could be such a fabulous eyeshadow?! Perfect for subtle shading of the eye.
3. MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry – The pencil is creamy and easy to use. It's a beautiful rich cherry red that looks great on everyone. You can see it here on actress Kaylee Defer, the new star of Gossip Girl.
4. Giorgio Armani Smooth Silk Eye Pencil in Navy #3 – A sexy alternative to black. I used it on a blue-eyed beauty and instantly fell in love.
5. Mark Cosmetics Long Wear Liquid Eyeliner in Entourage – Very Black. Glides on smooth and is easy to use. Dries in a flash, and lasts for eternity.
FAVORITE LOOK: I love the three images I did with Kaylee Defer because each look was so different from the others. She really pulled off each look and made them all her own.