Hung Vanngo has touched the faces of some of the most beautiful women on the planet. From models like Daria Werbowy, Helena Christensen, Claudia Schiffer, and Karolina Kurkova, to actresses like Gwyneth Paltrow, Julianne Moore, Anne Hathaway, Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen, Camilla Belle, and Diane Kruger, Hung is more than just a makeup artist, he is creator of beauty. If Hung is holding the makeup brush, you're guaranteed an element of sexy femininity that few other artists can duplicate. From red carpet to editorial spreads, Hung's work speaks to the beauty of a woman's face.
Here, I ask Hung my favorite beauty questions (and it's well worth the read):
INDUSTRY BREAK: I had been working quite well as a makeup artist in Canada for a few years but always wanted to further my career internationally. Eventually, I decided to move to New York where I spent the first 2 years sort of starting over. Then a little while into it, I landed my first i-D cover with the 3 supermodels Helena Christensen, Claudia Schiffer and Eva Herzigova, it was at that moment when things started to change and I noticed my career really being elevated to a different level. I am forever thankful to Helena, her agent Christopher, and my amazing agent Bianca.
5 FAVORITE PRODUCTS:
1. La Mer Creme de la Mer: I am sure you've heard of it before but it really is a miracle cream. I have many different moisturizers in my makeup kit for different skin types, but this is usually my top choice.
2. MAC Prep & Prime Transparent Finishing Powder: One shade works on almost every skin tone. The texture is so fine that you can barely feel it on your skin. It's the perfect loose powder for final touch to set your makeup.
3. NARS The Multiple in Copacabana: A great highlighter stick that you can use everywhere on face and body to add radiance to the skin.
4. Cle de Peau Concealer: They have only 4 shades and I love them all. They are perfect to cover dark under-eye circles and imperfections.
5. Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate (both Intensity 1 & 2 ): Great compact for contouring your face.
FAVORITE LOOK: My most recent favorite look would be the makeup on Camilla Belle last week for An Evening With Ralph Lauren Hosted by Oprah Winfrey event (our beauty look of the week!) I think she looks absolutely stunning in person, like an old Hollywood glamour. The photos later didn't do enough justice.
BEST BEAUTY SECRET: We all usually apply concealer before foundation, but I find that if you apply foundation first, you won't need to use as much concealer. The foundation alone will even out your skin tone, any redness and imperfections. All you need to do after is to cover under-eye circles and maybe around the nose.