We’re all busy and often on the go, but choosing the right kind of products and making small changes in our beauty routine can make a big difference. Here are six beauty tips I think every woman should know.
- It’s extremely important to make an effort to keep your skin clean and develop a skincare routine that works for you. When picking products, keep in mind your skin type; are you dry, oily, combination or normal? No matter your skin type, however, everyone needs to cleanse their skin. My Argan Cleansing Oil is a 3-in-1 cleansing oil, makeup remover and moisturizing treatment that makes it completely hassle-free.
- Makeup-wise, for a great look that takes no time, I suggest starting with Argan Oil, then coating your lashes with a few swipes of GOGO Instant Natural Volume Mascara. Then, dab some Argan Color Stick on your cheeks and color lips with Magic Marker Lip Stain for a polished look in two minutes or less. I find that this combination can work for anyone while still allowing you to express your personality via your color choices.
- It’s very important to avoid certain ingredients. The top three “bad guys” are:
PARABENS: Lots of cosmetics and food brands use parabens as preservatives. They’ve been implicated in breast cancer, increased skin aging and premature puberty in girls.
PETROCHEMICALS: They are suspected of causing cancer and are often used in lip gloss and nail wipes.
TALC: Talc, which is similar to asbestos, is commonly found in eye shadow and other powder-type cosmetics.
Others to watch out for: Synthetic fragrances, phthalates, sulfates and Formaldehyde-Releasing Ingredients (such as Diazolidinyl Urea & Imidazolidinyl Urea).
- Since I started using Argan Oil a few years ago, I haven’t had any skin problems, so it’s what I always recommend when women tell me they are breaking out!
- When shopping for beauty products and planning your beauty routine, use the same guidelines you apply to grocery shopping. Go for pure and simple, like 100% pure, 100% organic; avoid chemical and complex. Make sure whatever you buy is labeled “cruelty-free.” And the packaging should be biodegradable, recycled and/or recyclable.
- Do whatever it takes to feel great about yourself. If that means taking five minutes to moisturize your face, do it.