For Spring 2016, Delpozo creative director Josep Font drew inspiration from two places. First, from the Romancero Gitano by Spanish poet Federico García Lorca, and second from Emilie Flöge, the wife and muse of artist Gustav Klimt. Lead makeup artist Monica Marmo used these influences to create a makeup look using MAC products. “There are two types of women in mind: the wild beauty and the intelligent modern woman represented in the looks,” she told us. “The makeup represents this type of woman. Her skin is super fresh like a flower, with metallic eyes for a little controversy. A woman from the future who is modern, but soft and beautiful.”
[ See: Delpozo Spring 2016 Runway ]
“I used glitter to do metallic, light eyes. I wanted the skin to look fresh, so she’s got natural lips and for the cheeks we used a shell cream color base,” she said. They added some shine to the cheekbones and the bridge of the nose and on the cupid’s bow. “For the blush, we used a lipstick that we pressed into the cheeks.” Of course, the glittery eyes were the main focus for the face– so much so that they eschewed mascara and simply brushed up the eyebrows to complete the look. The glitter was piled on over MAC’s Mixing Medium Eyeliner to make sure the sparkly stuff stuck to the lids.
For hair, Moroccanoil creative director Antonio Corral Calero went with a similarly easy look with a bit of a twist, which can be achieved on straightened hair with the following steps:
- If the hair is not naturally long, apply 22-24″ extensions throughout the head.
- Starting with damp hair, apply Moroccanoil Treatment and Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to create the foundation of the style. Blow dry sleek and smooth.
- Once thoroughly dry, create a deep left side part. Gather 3″ sections at each side of the part and mist with hairspray. Comb sections back behind the ears and secure underneath the bulk of the hair at the nape of the neck with an elastic. This small ponytail should be hidden.
- Flat iron all of the loose hair, gently rolling the iron from the mid-shaft to ends to create a natural bend.
- Brush all of the loose hair smooth into a very low and loose ponytail – about mid-back – and secure with an elastic.
- Use your finger to divide the ponytail in half above the elastic (creating a hole). Flip the ponytail up and through the hole to create the twisted style.
- Set the style with a gentle mist of hairspray.