Last night, your favorite Angels showed off their signature wings, glowing skin, bombshell waves and bronzed bodies during the broadcast of the 2015 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. It took a team of 32 makeup artists, 32 hairstylists and 6 manicurists to transform the 47 models into the show’s sexy Angels. Luckily, you don’t need a squad of beauty professionals at the ready to recreate the show’s glamazon looks. Here are easy-to-follow tips from the beauty pros behind the show’s knockout looks as they share how to get Victoria’s Secret model hair and makeup at home.
Lead makeup artist Dick Page was the mastermind behind the Angels’ sultry brown eye makeup, rosy, bronzed cheeks and balmy, nude pouts. To recreate the look, he suggests:
- First apply a lightweight foundation to the face as a base.
- Next, dab on eye concealer around the undereye area and blend with a cotton swab. To draw focus to the eye, smooth on a golden taupe brown like Shiseido’s Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Sable to the eye crease for a refreshing, sun-kissed glow. Then for show-stopping lashes, brush on lash-lengthening inky black mascara or apply Ardell’s short false eyelashes to the lash line for added drama. Finally, add a touch of highlighter to the inner corner of the eyes and trace with thin black eyeliner to boost the look.
- For natural-looking flushed cheeks, blend red Kryolan Supracolor greasepaint onto the apples of cheeks and apply a dot along the bridge of the nose.
- Finish it all off with a moist, warm, nude lip. Dab on Kryolan’s matte mauve rose tint for a nice base color on your lips, followed by a dash of Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Gloss to the center to add sheen and to seal in the look.
Celebrity hairstylist Sarah Potempa used a suite of Victoria’s Secret hair products and Beachwaver tools to achieve the Angels’ effortlessly glossy tousled beach waves. To replicate the gorgeous, bouncy style, she recommends:
- Start off by prepping hair with Victoria’s Secret Mega-Lift Mousse, then loosely blowdry the hair to create beautiful volume with a natural part. Next, bring all hair forward and separate into a left and right side. Section hair from the bottom up using hair clips. (Try Beachwaver Darby Clips.)
- Using the Beachwaver S1 curling iron, clamp near the ends of your hair, leaving about 1 inch out at the ends. Then press the arrow away from your face. (The curling iron does all the work for you by rotating in both directions.) Continue to curl up in large 2-inch sections as you move your way up. Then repeat on the other side. If you have curly or frizzy hair, try the Beachwaver Mini Touch Up Iron for a smoother finish.
- Lastly, spray Victoria’s Secret Ultimate Hairspray on a brush (she prefers using a boar/nylon brush like Beachwaver On Set Styling Brush) and lightly brush out all the waves for a soft, voluminous look.
Check out all the beauty looks in action on the runway below: