Endlessly scrolling through the Instagram accounts of our favorite makeup artists is the best way to unwind while getting a little makeup inspo. Whether it’s how to nail the perfect contour or a bold brow play-by-play, the short videos posted by the makeup gurus on social media have us constantly pressing the replay button and taking mental notes for our next beauty look.
In just a few seconds, you’ll see bare lips transform into a puckered up work of art that we’d probably never think of trying on our own. Paying close attention to these quick makeup tutorials not only leaves us mesmerized by the talents of the artists, but they often serve as motivation to have fun with that barely-touched eyeshadow palette or that bright lipstick we’ve been meaning to put into rotation. After watching a handful of these Instagram makeup tutorials, we’re pretty sure you’ll get out of your makeup rut and go for bold.
1. A sparkle-filled winged liner fit for a New Year’s Eve fete.
2. Give your classic red lip an upgrade by utilizing two shades for a contoured look.
3. Pink can be a risky color to wear, especially on the lids, but when glitter is involved, the more, the better.
Quick mini tutorial on these Berry/Pink Smokey Eyes. Make sure you check out the full video on my YOUTUBE channel (direct link in bio) I’m wearing “Dusty Rose” and “Aubergine” from the @anastasiabeverlyhills Artist Palette. @sugarpill “Countess” pigment on the inner and outer lid, with ABH “Punch Fuchsia” in the center. @urbandecaycosmetics “Savage” & “Jilted” on the lower lashline. @thebalm_cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer on the inner corners. @lashesbylena “Claudia” lashes #nikkietutorials
4. A radiant glow with subtle contouring is a perfect everyday look that has a touch of glamour.
5. Ditch the brow pencil and go for a long-lasting pomade gel that will give you the boldest set of arches.