Rooney Mara took a dark turn the second she signed on to play Lisbeth Salander in the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series, and as the whole world has (by now) realized – dark suits her.
Currently making the rounds at the Berlin Film Festival, Rooney is sticking to a dark palette wardrobe-wise and it continues to work in her favor. She looked chic and relaxed in a Balenciaga Resort 2013 ensemble that forum members fell hard for.
“Absolutely fantastic in Balenciaga. She looks so effortlessly modern and chic.” Wolkfolk declared.
“She looks so good,” Chloe24 gushed. “Amazing outfit and the hair and makeup go great with it.”
“I love how you can see a peek of cream silk lining on that dress,” HeatherAnne remarked. “It's a beautifully structured dress. I'm not crazy about her hairstyle, but I'm glad she didn't wear braids like so many celebrities do when they're wearing Valentino.”
Catherine88 called the Valentino dress “delicate but still very elegant and not so girly.”
Not technically a completely new look, Rooney arrived at the premiere with a feminine Miu Miu Fall 2011 coat secured over her Valentino dress.
“It's really amazing how that Miu Miu coat doesn't look gimmicky on her (unlike most people who wore something from this collection),” LolaSvelt noted. “That's why I didn't even notice that she was wearing something from that collection.”
“What I find great is how all of her looks are tailored correctly for her frame,” before posted. “They could easily overpower her tiny figure, but they don't.”
Note to Hollywood: Please continue to keep Rooney Mara employed. We enjoy her style too much for her to step out of the spotlight (for too long).
- Style Showdown: Who Dominates When Anne Hathaway and Rooney Mara Do Dominatrix Looks?
- Rooney Mara and Other Best Dressed Celebs of the Week
- Rooney Mara: Look of the Day
- Rooney Mara: Stylishly Stealing the Spotlight
- Rooney Mara: Beauty Look of the Week
- Rooney Mara’s New York Premiere in Prabal Gurung (Forum Buzz)
- Rooney Mara Got it Right in Givenchy (Forum Buzz)
- Rooney Mara Makes the Cover of Vogue (Forum Buzz)