If Karlie Kloss’ PR team taught us one thing, it’s that a model’s drastic hair change can make for a newsworthy story. Unlike ‘The Karlie,’ the story about Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel’s new platinum blonde hair may not have made it into US Vogue (yet), but the new look sure has sparked a lot of agitation among her fans. However, the majority of reactions to her new look, which she first showcased when attending the amfAR Inspiration Gala New York with designer Olivier Theyskens last Thursday, were positive. Albeit, for obvious reasons, comparisons to Donatella Versace could not be avoided (it was my first thought, too), and not everyone was happy about Candice’s bold move to go nearly white blonde.
For those not convinced yet that the hottest of all models just got even hotter, here are 5 reasons why you should love her new hairstyle, courtesy of our forum members:
- Candice looks like the Games of Thrones character Khalessi now, according to liralita.
- LegsXI and Fashiognosis think she looks more "high fashion." (Which is what all Victoria's Secrets models want, right?)
- “Her blue eyes pop more with that hair color,” as fashionlover2001 pointed out.
- “She looks like a VS angel version of Donatella Versace minus the plastic surgery gone bad.” (Fashiognosis)
- And, well, “She's a pretty girl. Anything would suit her.”
Read more of the debate about Candice’s new hair in her thread on our forums, here.