Fashion brands are gearing up for Anna Wintour's favorite holiday, and there's plenty for New York City shoppers to get excited about. This year's Fashion's Night Out is scheduled for September 8 and even though this year's official FNO t-shirt (right) is uglier than a towel, it seems like the actual festivities will be more fashion forward:
- Michael Kors will take over the window displays at Bergdorf Goodman.
- Bergdorf's has also booked Audrianna Cole and The Blue Vipers of Brooklyn for live performances, and planning to send top American designers (like Joseph Altuzarra, Reem Acra, Pamella Roland and Bibhu Mohapatra) to stroll down the runway with their dogs.
- Tommy Hilfiger, and Rachel Roy and Amar’e Stoudemire are going to be up to something at Macy's Herald Square. The department store is also planning live performances by Kelly Rowland and Joss Stone.
- At Bloomingdale's, Rachel Zoe to Erin Wasson for Zadig & Voltaire; Michelle Smith from Milly, and Michael Aram, and Edun’s Ali Hewson are playing a storytelling game.
- Jade Jagger is launching her jewelry collection at Henri Bendel.
- Solange Knowles is Dj-ing at Lord & Taylor.
- Pringle of Scotland designer Alistair Carr is planning on hanging out with Tilda Swinton and Louise Wilson at Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Angels Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Erin Heatherton, and Lily Aldridge will be perched at the Fulton Street Victoria's Secret store for photo ops with shoppers.
- Net-a-porter is taking over real window displays and giving shoppers access to buy the designer goods with a special app.