Contrary to earlier reports that Fashion's Night Out wouldn't be returning for a fourth year, Anna Wintour's shopping holiday is no three-trick pony. The exact date for next year's fashion celebration hasn't been confirmed, but it's happening for sure, to the dismay of many fashion observers.
Plenty of retail stores and fashion heavyweights, like top curmudgeon Cathy Horyn, have pressed Wintour & co. to put an end to the recreational shopping event, but the Vogue editor does what she likes, naysayers be damned.
I'm personally a supporter of the insane designer collaborations and mob scenes (so much good material! and champagne.) but I think it's perfectly acceptable to sit out next year's FNO festivities. Unfortunately, most of us don't matter enough for Anna Wintour to put a gun to our heads and chaperone us into department stores.
So if you hate Fashion's Night Out, I've devised a handy little cheat sheet (below) with some alternative ways to spend your evening next September:
- Watch a movie.
- Read a book.
- Ride a bike.
- Visit your grandmother in Boston.
- Go to Brooklyn and do anything you want.
- DIY a glitter clutch.
- Write a romance novel starring Anna Wintour and send it to me.
- Read The Fashion Spot.
- Play with your kitten.
- Cook lasagna.
- Organize your closet.
- Deep-condition your hair.
- Online shop.
- Occupy Wall Street.
- Learn how to play the banjo.
- Learn the Greek alphabet.
- Do a crossword puzzle.
- Play a bubblebreaker game.
- Buy chalk and play hopscotch.
- Find a new desktop background.
- Download apps.
- Figure out you and your crush's astrological and numerological love compatibility.
- Water a plant.
- Plan your Halloween costume.
- Watch whatever's on Bravo or the Food Network.
- Internet stalk your ex.
- Call a friend.
- Meet a friend and have dinner somewhere unfashionable.
- Take a nap.
Good luck and let me know how it goes.
Image via DianePernet
[via The Cut]