If South by Southwest thought The Canyons had "quality issues" the film festival selection committee probably would have thrown up all over themselves if Chanel had submitted its Brad Pitt No. 5 commercial for consideration.
When it comes to fashion, there's always room for a difference in opinion with this one exception: Brad Pitt's Chanel ads were awful, horrible. Show me someone that disagrees and I'll show you a Chanel employee trying not to lose his or her job.
Ah, except no one at the French fashion house is actually in danger of getting sacked over this painfully painful commercial. Because um, according to Bloomberg, Chanel earned millions of dollars in free advertising ("free" = Brad Pitt's undisclosed contract fee + production expenses) off our dumb commentary. Don't you feel dirty? I feel like that South by Southwest committee, post-vomit.
ENJOY THE FREE ADVERTISING, JERKS!
Previously (oh boy):
- Brad Pitt's Chanel N°5 Video Is So Bad, There Are No Jokes
- Brad Pitt's Second Video Spot for Chanel N°5 Isn't Worse Than the First
- Brad Pitt's Chanel N°5 Ad Gets a Much-Deserved SNL Spoof [VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt’s Voice May Lull You Into Purchasing Chanel No. 5 (Forum Buzz)
- Twitterati #Fashion Recap: Brad Pitt's Chanel Ad Falls Flat, Alexa Chung Reveals Body Image Issues, and More
- Brad Pitt is the Newest Face of Chanel N°5