While we're on the subject of fashion films and watching movies you don't really understand…
Shot by Steven Meisel who (along with Annie Leibovitz and Terry Richardson) is one of the only three people in the world who knows how to operate a camera, the short film stars ten of today's top working models: Vanessa Axente, Saskia de Brauw, Irina Kravchenko, Eva Herzigova, Sung Hee, Irene Hiemstra, Kirsten Owen, Sasha Pivovarova, Maartje Verhoef and Raquel Zimmermann. Whew.
(It appears that although Amber Valletta was in the print ads, she didn't make it into the video. Dun dun DUN.)
I would describe the campaign film to you, except I wasn't kidding when said I didn't understand it. I have no idea what it means or what's going on, except that the featured models are being really whimsical and talking about flowers as petals flutter all around them, and it's supposed to be mysterious but they're clearly in a photo studio so I'm a little insulted by how the video keeps insisting that no one knows where the flowers came from, because clearly they are a prop. And then there's this dramatic moment when a rocks glass tips over and all these clear marbles spill out while Vanessa Axentehave just looks on, bored — like of course the drinking glass would be filled with marbles, that happens all the time!
I do have to say yay yay that Prada included their geisha shoes.
- You Really Shouldn't Miss Lizzy Caplan's Very Funny Fashion Art Film Parody Video
- The Full Prada Spring 2013 Campaign Is Here Because Today Keeps Getting Better and Better
- Prada Spring 2013 Runway Review
- Even Elle Fanning Can't Pull Off Prada’s Crazy Geisha Shoes (Forum Buzz)
- Lea Seydoux Abandons Her Identity in the Prada Resort 2012 Ad Campaign (Forum Buzz)
- Watch Prada's Spring/Summer 2012 Video Campaign
- Prada's Fall Campaign Takes Us to Shoetopia