Every August bank holiday, Europe’s largest street festival descends upon London in the form of the renowned Notting Hill Carnival. Attracting spectators in the thousands, they’re treated to spectacular performances from live street music to the show-stopping giant floats which make their ways through the winding streets.
Carnival fashion is loud, bright and fun, so, you can always expect to see Notting Hill’s revelers dressed as flamboyantly as possible… And of course, that’s not just the actual performers!
So, if you’re feeling inspired by Notting Hill's festivities, here are our top five quirky pieces to help you feel carnival ready!
1) Nothing screams carnival more than an eccentric pair of heels, and Irregular Choice always ticks this box. Their We Found Love flower toe embellished heels (£89.99) would be perfect.
2) The bright colours of Topshop’s Electric Ray bodycon (£29) are awesome for carnivals and festivals alike, with the injections of black also making it a piece which could see you into the warmer side of Autumn.
3) Transform any outfit with a flamboyant necklace just like New Look’s beaded bib necklace (£9.99) available at ASOS.
4) There’s also no better time to pull off a pair of kitsch sunnies, and again Irregular Choice is master at creating fun pieces such as these. Try on the High Jinx pink flower detailed sunglasses (£85) for size.
5) Carnival wear demands fringing, and although Topshop’s kimono print jacquard top (£45) may seem a little too dark for a bright fun-filled carnival, its jacquard pattern totally lifts the feel, and it’s also the perfect piece to wear again and nail A/W 13’s dark floral trend.