The Kardashian sisters announced a few weeks ago plans to expand their Kardashian Beauty range with a new line of hairstyling tools and products in partnership with Farouk Systems. When the reality sisters stamp their name on anything, it’s bound to make money and their new line is expected to rake in quite a lot of dough. Understandable, considering the Kardashians do happen to have great heads of hair — who wouldn’t want to pick up a few of their products?
So, what will it take for average Janes and Joes to get tresses like Kourtney, Kim and Khloé? Just some branded hairspray, blow-dry cream, curl cream, Black Seed Dry Oil, dry shampoo and conditioner as well as mousse. All of these products, priced between $14 and $17, will be available once the line launches. Consumers also have three styling tools — a flatiron, a three-in-one-tool and a blowdryer at $89.99 each — to choose from. But buried in all the gritty details on how much the collection is expected to make and how excited Farouk Systems founder Farouk Shami is to be working with the Kardashians were a few haircare secrets dished out by the sisters themselves.
Contrary to what you might believe based solely on their overexposure, there are things we don’t know about the Kardashian sisters. And they were only too happy to dish these very crucial and pertinent tidbits to WWD. The highlights:
- Kim regularly wears the most makeup out of the three sisters.
- Kim went four months without hair or makeup products after North West was born.
- Kim does not shampoo her hair every day. Her full regimen, in her own words: “I start out the first day with a clean blowout. The second day, I put in dry shampoo, which adds texture. Then, the third day, I sleek it and I straighten it, and then, the fourth day, I put our oil in it, and I make it a really sleek look. I might do a ponytail or a sleek bun. That’s my hair plan, and then I start over.”
- Along with regular selfies, Kim also loves hair selfies.
- Khloé only likes to take selfies if her hair is in her face.
- Kourtney and Khloé both had awful haircuts when they were younger that made them look like little boys.
- Kim slicks North’s hair back with a LOT of oil.
Honey, didn’t anyone tell you? You gotta let little Nori’s curls fly free!