- The Outnet is pairing up with Temperley London on a 21-piece capsule collection due to hit the web on October 7. [WWD]
- How much do you know about New York Fashion Week? Take The New York Times’ quiz to find out! [NYT]
- This week’s Keeping Up with the Kardashians wedding special shows just how obsessive Kanye West was about his wedding to Kim — he even made the final decision on the bridesmaids dresses. [The Gloss]
- Alexander Fury says that out of the hundreds of designers showing during fashion month, only about a dozen actually matter. [The Independent]
- Melissa Rivers says her mother, comedienne and Fashion Police hostess Joan Rivers is still on life support. [TIME]
- Vivienne Westwood was just inducted into the Scottish Fashion Awards Hall of Fame. [Fashion Times]
- Carolina Herrera does not care for how the kids are dressing in New York City these days. “I have never seen people so badly dressed in my life! It’s amazing the way they look! I don’t know why … I don’t know what’s going on … but it’s really, really bad,” she told Page Six. Also, she hates crop tops. [Page Six]
- Here’s how Cara Delevingne (hilariously) fends off the paparazzi. [BuzzFeed]
- WWD has more details on the forthcoming Karl Lagerfeld Barbie. [WWD]
- This weekend, a bunch of nude celebrity photos got leaked onto the Internet. The Telegraph wonders: Where are all the dick pics? [The Telegraph]
- This young woman worked a mere 20 days at American Apparel, and got the full force of all the racism and sexual harassment being a salesgirl at the store has to offer. Read her shocking account. [Gawker]
- Beyoncé‘s rocking a bob again. [@Beyonce]
- Nasty Gal just laid off a ton of its staff, who don’t have many nice things to say about the company. [Racked]
Fashion Week is a mere two days away! We’re gearing up to bring you all the inside and behind-the-scenes action at the shows, presentation and parties. But we must confess, what we’re most looking forward to aren’t the events or the beautiful collections – it’s the possibility of having an encounter with Jared Leto.
The celeb set is expected to be out in full force all through NYFW, as they always are. Pharrell Williams will fête his G-Star RAW for the Oceans collection, Britney Spears is unveiling her Intimates collection and Russell Simmons is presenting his ArgyleCulture menswear line. But there is no celebrity we’re more excited to see than Mr. Leto, whom we’re naming as our NYFW spirit guide. We intend to monitor his every move through the shows in hopes that he comes and talks to us/ takes us on a date at PJ Clarke’s/ decides to be BFFs with us forever. If it’s one thing we know, it’s that Jared Leto loves fashion and flirting with models – and Fashion Week is the perfect opportunity for the actor to revel in both.
We’re happy to announce our NYFW #JaredLetoWatch, and we can think of no better way to celebrate than with a video of Leto gently whispering sweet nothings to us. iHeartRadio caught up with the actor for “Hey Girl,” in which they recruit him to recite cheesy pick-up lines for the camera – it’s like he’s speaking directly to us.
Honestly, no one else could holla at us so awkwardly (with that beard, no less) and make us swoon. Oh Jared, we hope that you whisper these exact sweet nothings to us as we
Enjoy, and stay tuned for all our Leto sightings during #JaredLetoWatch! (more…)
As if the prospect of fall fashion issues isn’t enough already, AnOther magazine has given us four different covers featuring Kate Moss for its Fall 2014 issue. The model was shot by four different photographers: Willy Vanderperre (whose cover is pictured below), Craig McDean, Alasdair McLellan and Collier Schorr. See the whole lot inside the thread here.
Naturally, our forums were set ablaze when the covers first surfaced earlier today. “Stunning covers. I’m glad to see Kate on the cover of a fall issue; I was getting worried,” commented Nepenthes.
“I LOVE THIS!!! I don’t know how I’ll chose between Craig’s or Willy’s covers! I am on board with never enough Moss!!” enthused VogueDisciple93.
Benn98 shared his excitement and wrote, “Nice! Each one differs vastly from the other. I like Craig McDean’s, but wouldn’t mind Alasdair’s.”
“The first one is very nice with the orange coat and the blue composition, second one is boring, in the third Kate looks beautiful, the last one is chic. Four very different covers, very good job!” declared Nymphaea.
Opinions later became divided in the thread. “I’m disappointed that even AnOther couldn’t do anything interesting with Kate Moss. I’ve seen these type of Kate photos a million times, the Willy and Alasdair in particular. She can be a great model with the most vivacious smile but no one has done anything different with her since the mid 2000s. Always vacant rock girl, vacant country girl. Big miss for AnOther,” disapproved t-rex.
Royal-Galliano wasn’t in the mood for four Kate covers, writing, “So forced and unnecessary.”
Which cover is your favorite? All or none of them? Share your opinion with us here.
Under Armour is steadily beefing up its efforts to appeal to women. It recently unveiled the “I Will What I Want” campaign, tapping Olympic downhill ski gold medalist Lindsey Vonn, Olympic soccer gold medalist Kelley O’Hara and American Ballet Theatre soloist Misty Copeland to appear in the ads. Under Armour hopes that this initiative will speak to women who might not consider themselves “athletes,” but who do identify as “athletic.”
Misty’s involvement with the brand made headlines for being a bit unorthodox — you wouldn’t expect a ballerina to front a brand mostly associated with “traditional” athletes. But it looks like she isn’t the only surprising person the brand cast; model Gisele Bündchen has been chosen to star in the label’s fall ads, for which a 30-second teaser was released today.
In the clip, we see Gisele heading to a workout space (clad in all Under Armour everything, naturally), stretching and gearing up by punching a bag for a supermodel workout that we would guess includes some type of boxing — a favorite workout of Victoria’s Secret models.
Peep the video below! (more…)
Teresa Palmer is actually the most chic mother we’ve ever seen for the latest cover of Australia’s biggest glossy, Sunday Style. In a wide, moving stance, Teresa dons a nude-pink floaty midi dress with a roomy leg split, perfect for the mum on the go.
Somehow the mag has managed to match Teresa’s amazing printed lace-up booties with son Bodhi‘s black-and-blue baby blanket, making the mother and son duo appear truly unstoppable.
The soft pink makeup and pearl jewels make the 28-year-old Aussie model and actress look like a truly divine and sophisticated working mother. We can’t pinpoint one bad thing about this cover. Pick up your copy in this week’s The Sunday Telegraph or Herald Sun.
Not many people can do fashion quite like Nicole Warne of Gary Pepper, which is undoubtedly why she’s been tapped as the new Caulfield style ambassador for 2014. The exciting role sees Nicole grace an inspirational short film, donning some of the best racing getups we’ve ever seen.
The clip, directed by Jack Shanahan, is aimed to celebrate the journey to the Caulfield Cup Carnival taking place in Melbourne on October 18. Nicole parades multiple dresses and top-and-skirt combos from David Jones’ designers, with her signature cat-winged eyeliner and dark bob working a treat against the elegant outfits. (more…)