When it comes to Italy, a few keywords pop to mind, like food, fashion and handsome men. As of this fall, you’ll be adding Liu Jo to that list. The ready-to-wear brand that mixes sophisticated style with trendy accents is launching in Canada this month.
Fall highlights include office-appropriate separates, such as tailored blazers, tapered trousers and shift dresses in menswear-inspired wools, tweeds and herringbone patterns. For casual outings, there are sequined silk blouses, slouchy oversized sweaters and off-the-shoulder tops that are equal parts sexy and edgy. And accessories include a wide range of cool booties, towering stilettos and cute flats as well as soft-as-butter leather totes, satchels and clutches with subtle bejewelled embellishments.
The strongest component of the brand is its vast selection of denim. Liu Jo boasts a variety of washes and treatments (think faded, distressed, indigo-dyed, bleached, stonewashed and patched) on a seemingly endless array of styles. Fancy a loose boyfriend style, a super-stretchy skinny or a comfortable crop? Liu Jo’s got it. And they’re all capped off with the brand’s signature rhinestone accent on the back label. (more…)
Any event with Vogue attached to it is destined to be fabulous. That’s why we’re so excited for the annual Vogue Fashion’s Night Out, which takes place this Thursday, September 4. So are a bunch of stylish models and celebs, who are backing the event by clogging our Instagram feeds with shots of themselves in black and white Vogue T-shirts.
The official VFNO T-shirt design is by Bassike‘s Mary Lou Ryan and Deborah Sams, in collaboration with the Vogue team. It’s made of cotton jersey, and, just like Bassike, the piece is totally basic. It reads “Vogue Australia” on the front, and a sports jersey style “VFNO 14″ at the back.
Photo: David Jones
You’ll keep seeing it beyond Instagram, though, with Vogue staff sporting the T-shirt for the official event. It could get confusing because the general public can buy the piece online as well.
The Gentlewoman has rapidly established itself as one of our forum members’ most favored publications. Therefore it’s no wonder everyone is excited about the magazine’s Autumn/Winter issue. The British-born biannual fashion title selected pop sensation Robyn to star on the front cover of its 10th issue, with the singer delivering some major David Bowie vibes, while being photographed by Liz Collins for a classic black and white portrait.
IMAGE CREDIT: THEGUARDIAN.COM
The cover sure does have members of our forums ecstatic. “SOOOO good to finally have Robyn on a cover! I can NOT wait to pick this up!” raved VogueDisciple93.
“Woah! I’m pleasantly surprised by this cover choice. I love her. She’s sooo fun live and has a very unique way to carry herself. This is great, can’t wait to get this,” posted mistress f.
Thefrenchy offered, “Cool cover, I love Robyn. I absolutely cannot wait to see the content!”
“She’s just the coolest,” simply wrote Marc10.
Omnis acknowledged the evident David Bowie inspiration: “I see a lot of David Bowie in her there.”
“Great! And nice to see her looking her age as well,” noted a satisfied tatouejeremie.
Echoing everyone’s delight was justaguy, who posted, “Nice seeing Robyn on their cover!”
Await the content of the issue inside the thread and join the anticipation, just don’t forget to share your own opinion here.
Here’s a collaboration we didn’t see coming: Rachel Zoe‘s The Zoe Report just rolled out its latest crop of designs for its second-ever “Collective” capsule, which this time around features designs by Rodarte‘s Kate and Laura Mulleavy. For those eager to shop, you’re in luck because the six-style limited-edition collection just launched on The Zoe Report today.
For the exclusive range, you’ll find new iterations of Rodarte’s famous T-shirts, rendered in metallic lettering. As an added bonus, you can accessorize your “Radarte” or “Rohearte” T-shirt with a necklace or bracelet of Swarovski crystal baubles, complete with a butterfly charm for those times you wish to serve middle school dance realness.
The collection is pretty pricey — a T-shirt will set you back $113, a sweatshirt rings in at $154 and you can expect to shill out $230 for the charm bracelet and $299 for the necklace.
Is it worth it? Sure, for Rodarte fans and people OK with spending $100 on a T-shirt that’s only 38 percent cotton. But we can’t lie — we’re really digging this new take on the Radarte tee.
- The Outnet is pairing up with Temperley London on a 21-piece capsule collection due to hit the web on October 7. [WWD]
- How much do you know about New York Fashion Week? Take The New York Times’ quiz to find out! [NYT]
- This week’s Keeping Up with the Kardashians wedding special shows just how obsessive Kanye West was about his wedding to Kim — he even made the final decision on the bridesmaids dresses. [The Gloss]
- Alexander Fury says that out of the hundreds of designers showing during fashion month, only about a dozen actually matter. [The Independent]
- Melissa Rivers says her mother, comedienne and Fashion Police hostess Joan Rivers is still on life support. [TIME]
- Vivienne Westwood was just inducted into the Scottish Fashion Awards Hall of Fame. [Fashion Times]
- Carolina Herrera does not care for how the kids are dressing in New York City these days. “I have never seen people so badly dressed in my life! It’s amazing the way they look! I don’t know why … I don’t know what’s going on … but it’s really, really bad,” she told Page Six. Also, she hates crop tops. [Page Six]
- Here’s how Cara Delevingne (hilariously) fends off the paparazzi. [BuzzFeed]
- WWD has more details on the forthcoming Karl Lagerfeld Barbie. [WWD]
- This weekend, a bunch of nude celebrity photos got leaked onto the Internet. The Telegraph wonders: Where are all the dick pics? [The Telegraph]
- This young woman worked a mere 20 days at American Apparel, and got the full force of all the racism and sexual harassment being a salesgirl at the store has to offer. Read her shocking account. [Gawker]
- Beyoncé‘s rocking a bob again. [@Beyonce]
- Nasty Gal just laid off a ton of its staff, who don’t have many nice things to say about the company. [Racked]
Fashion Week is a mere two days away! We’re gearing up to bring you all the inside and behind-the-scenes action at the shows, presentation and parties. But we must confess, what we’re most looking forward to aren’t the events or the beautiful collections – it’s the possibility of having an encounter with Jared Leto.
The celeb set is expected to be out in full force all through NYFW, as they always are. Pharrell Williams will fête his G-Star RAW for the Oceans collection, Britney Spears is unveiling her Intimates collection and Russell Simmons is presenting his ArgyleCulture menswear line. But there is no celebrity we’re more excited to see than Mr. Leto, whom we’re naming as our NYFW spirit guide. We intend to monitor his every move through the shows in hopes that he comes and talks to us/ takes us on a date at PJ Clarke’s/ decides to be BFFs with us forever. If it’s one thing we know, it’s that Jared Leto loves fashion and flirting with models – and Fashion Week is the perfect opportunity for the actor to revel in both.
We’re happy to announce our NYFW #JaredLetoWatch, and we can think of no better way to celebrate than with a video of Leto gently whispering sweet nothings to us. iHeartRadio caught up with the actor for “Hey Girl,” in which they recruit him to recite cheesy pick-up lines for the camera – it’s like he’s speaking directly to us.
Honestly, no one else could holla at us so awkwardly (with that beard, no less) and make us swoon. Oh Jared, we hope that you whisper these exact sweet nothings to us as we
stalk follow you all week.
Enjoy, and stay tuned for all our Leto sightings during #JaredLetoWatch! (more…)