Last night was a big one for fragrance brand Impulse, announcing Victoria’s Secret babe Erin Heatherton and models Bambi Northwood-Blyth and Zippora Seven as the faces of its new perfume spray. Ringing in the news with a lavish dinner event at Angel & Ash in Sydney’s CBD, there was some serious fashion competition between the beauties on the red carpet.
Not only were the trio (who, according to Zippora’s Instagram, are “best friends”) absolute standouts in the wardrobe department, beauty and fashion bloggers like Margaret Zhang of Shine By Three plus Bambi’s hubby, Dan Single, also brought their A-game.
Photo: Don Arnold/ WireImage
Zippora opted for Sass & Bide’s 110 Percent Embroidered Mini Dress, playful gold headwear, tan and black pumps and mixed it up with a blue patterned clutch with shisha mirror detailing. Bambi went for an all-black getup, but kept it interesting with a statement leopard fold-over clutch, bronzed makeup and her signature bushy brows.
Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Future Image/WENN.com
The recently married Olivia Palermo and Johannes Huebl are set to visit Australia on Wednesday, August 27 (that’s really soon, by the way) on official business for Chadstone Shopping Centre’s “Icons of Style” Spring 2014 campaign.
Olivia, who has already jet-setted down under for Melbourne’s Chadstone last September, will be making exclusive appearances, sharing her stylish know-how and favourite trends for the upcoming season with lucky shoppers.
It’s pretty clear to us by now that Olivia is a big fan of Aussie fashion, having praised our designers like Zimmermann, Sass & Bide and Manning Cartell on her blog in the past. With that in mind, we’re a little excited about what this stylish socialite will be wearing while she’s here. And as for her man Johannes? Well, he scrubs up nicely too, so it will be interesting to see the dapper menswear picks for his visit.
Rihanna‘s more than just a beautiful pop star and fashion icon — she’s also a smart business woman, or at least that’s the impression we get from this news. According to Swagger New York, the singer has just made a power move, taking out trademarks on her last name, Fenty, which judging from the documentation, looks as if she’s planning on starting an apparel and beauty line.
A closer read reveals what Riri plans on selling; nail polish, tattoo transfers (we’d totally pay for a temporary version of the Isis she’s got inked on her torso), skincare products, shorts, hats, shirts and even swimwear. The trademarks were filed in June, so perhaps Riri has already begun working on her offering.
Of course, this wouldn’t be the singer’s first foray into design. Her River Island collaboration stretched out over a few seasons and seems to have been a success for the British brand — that is, in spite of the tepid reviews her Spring 2013 collection got when she showed during London Fashion Week.
There’s no denying that when Ms. Fenty puts her name on something, it’s bound to be a moneymaker, and we wager her forthcoming line will be no exception. We can’t help but hope, however, that Rihanna puts a little more thought into her offerings for her namesake (i.e. maybe fewer midriffs and bralettes). Riri’s style is the envy of many girls, but few can pull off wearing boxer shorts as pants or a mesh T-shirt with nothing underneath. Maybe for this go-round, Rihanna should take into consideration that not everyone buying her clothes has the body of a goddess.
[h/t Swagger New York]
There’s a good reason why we love fashion bloggers, and for the most part, it’s because their personal take on fashion trends delivers our much-needed style inspiration. For Caslazur’s cartel edit, a collaborative platform where founder, Cassie Snelgar, handpicks international style influencers to interpret new season looks, the fashion label has tapped fashion blogger Margaret Zhang of Shine By Three.
Camilla and Marc C&M Sydney
In a surprising move with today’s retail climate, Aussie brand Camilla and Marc is opening up a new brick-and-mortar shop at The Intersection in Paddington, Sydney. The shop is 100 percent dedicated to the label’s second, more youthful line, C&M, which is something we don’t see often from either local or international brands.
The store will be sophisticated and monochromatic just like C&M’s branding, with an all-white interior and exterior. It will have modern black accents like nickel-dipped rails, hanging mannequins and a bespoke iron chair. If it’s going to be anything like Camilla and Marc’s existing Paddington boutique just five minutes down the road, we’re in for a real retail treat.
The store will launch Saturday, August 9, opening up with C&M’s new Spring 2014 collection. The range comprises classic structure juxtaposed with relaxed, sport luxe, creating a preppy-chic yet laid-back feel. If you want to get a sneak peek of what styles you can actually try on come Saturday, head over to C&M’s online store.
- E-cigarette schiller, VAPESTICK has teamed up with Mischa Barton to find “Britain’s most stylish vaper.” [Daily Mail]
- Ladies, remain calm: Rent the Runway is opening a standalone store in NYC’s Flatiron district. [Fashionista]
- Kate Moss gave Justin Bieber a stern, well-deserved talking-to at Riccardo Tisci‘s 40th birthday party. [Mirror]
- In case you didn’t already know, Kanye West thinks Kanye West is the smartest celebrity out there. [Cosmopolitan]
- Chloë Grace Moretz opens up about her relationship with Brooklyn Beckham. [Us]
- If you had any doubt that fashionable athletic gear was having a moment, check this out: Athleta, Gap‘s athletic brand, is set to show at New York Fashion Week in September. [Racked]
- We can’t lie, Kim Kardashian‘s passport photo is friggin’ gorgeous. If only we had a hair and makeup squad for such occasions. [@KimKardashian]
- Selena Gomez’s line for Adidas launched today, just in time for you to get your back-to-school wardrobe together. [Teen Vogue]
- Adidas Originals is teaming with Colette, Dover Street Market and Barneys New York to bring a new spin on its classic Stan Smith shoe. [Hypebeast]
- Everything you need to know about buying safe cosmetics. [Fashionista]
- H&M‘s fall lookbook is changing our minds about not being ready for cold weather. [Fabsugar]