If all the fuss surrounding Alexander Wang’s forthcoming H&M collaboration wasn’t enough to get you excited about the capsule, perhaps this will. H&M has released the commercial for the collection and it is enough to make you join a neighborhood sports team, or at the very least, hit the gym for the first time in several months.
The two-minute spot shows models Joan Smalls, Natasha Poly, Raquel Zimmermann and Isabeli Fontana getting sporty, practicing boxing moves, finger-spinning a basketball, running through walls and riding motorcycles. Parcours runners add to the futuristic vibe of the commercial, and naturally, everyone is wearing all Wang for H&M everything.
Watch the entire thing above, and tell us if it doesn’t make you want to spend your money on leggings with the name “Wang” printed on the thigh.
Let us tell you about a little something called “hat valet”. Sounds a bit ridiculous, doesn’t it? But really, Virgin Australia is just answering our spring racing prayers in the form of premium fascinator handling.
The airline will have porters on standby for those travelling from Sydney to Melbourne for Derby Day and Melbourne Cup, offering eligible guests a personalised hat valet service which ensures safe handling of your fragile race headwear.
But that’s not all. Eligible guests will also be treated to a range of pre-flight pampering, like blow dries and hair styling, shoe-shining services, and ModelCo makeup kits, to make sure you arrive race-ready. You’ll have to be one of Virgin Australia’s Business Class guests, Velocity Platinum, Gold and Lounge members, though. (more…)
The 90s kid inside us just screamed a little. Sarah Michelle Gellar, more fondly known as Buffy the Vampire Slayer or the evil, borderline-incestuous Kathryn in Cruel Intentions, is in Australia on official business for Specsavers.
She’s a judge and ambassador of the brand’s 2014 Spectacle Wearer of the Year competition, to help inspire confidence in those who wear glasses. She hit up the Specsavers fashion show at Sydney’s Pier One Hotel last night, alongside Pip Edwards and Alex Perry, and also encouraged Samantha Armytage to try a pair of specs on Sunrise this morning. (more…)
Last night we were treated to the second episode of Fashion Bloggers, where the highly dramatic, fashion-filled lives of bloggers-of-the-moment Sara Donaldson, Margaret Zhang, Zanita Whittington, Kate Waterhouse and Amanda Shadforth were presented to us in another teeth-gritting, forehead-smacking, utterly unmissable 30 minutes of self-indulgence. For round two, the ladies gave us cutie-patootie dog selfies, shoe-designing collaborations, magical flat lays and much, much gushing and crushing amongst themselves over their own dream lives.
Fortunately, this week Sara managed to get through an entire half-hour without flustering over her main man, Dion Lee. Instead, she shifted her achy-breaky heart over to Anthony Bianco for a designer collaboration with his Aussie shoe brand, Tony Bianco. (more…)
courtesy of Forever21
Iggy Azalea is putting those good looks (and Whilhelmina contract) to use this season as the face of Forever 21’s holiday campaign. For the ads, the rapper is joined by her beau, Los Angeles Lakers player Nick Young, who, according to People, was very comfortable in front of the camera.
Azalea seems to be the focus of the ads, clad in a series of festive looks: black-and-white suiting separates, a leather look pencil skirt with champagne-colored bomber jacket and a sparkly green minidress – perfect for holiday parties. Young looks quite fetching in a few holiday-ready suits, our favorite being the green plaid pant, white jacket, shirt and black tie combo.
It seems that Azalea is riding the “Fancy” train of the summer all the way through to the end of the year. Are you riding?
- We hope you paid your credit card bills on time this month because J.Crew’s collaboration with Sophia Webster is back! [J.Crew]
- Robyn Lawley is pregnant with her first child! [Vogue UK]
- Alexander Wang just launched his sixth Objects collection. [Highsnobiety]
- Carol’s Daughter founder Lisa Price claps back at critics who are saying she’s selling out after inking that deal with L’Oréal. [Love Brown Sugar]
- Kimora Lee just started a scholarship fund for fashion students. [WWD]
- Your regular manicure routine could be damaging your nails. [Women’s Health]
- David Beckham can’t seem to keep his clothes on in TV commercials — and we’re so not complaining. [Adweek]
- Former Playboy centerfolds pose for New York magazine decades after they appeared in the famous lad mag. [The Cut]
- Where’s all that “Breast Cancer Awareness” money going? No one really knows. [Racked]
- Don’t want to put a lot of effort into your Halloween costume? Here’s a simple way to DIY a mummy outfit for the big night. [Popsugar Fashion]
- Did Gap’s Dress Normal campaign backfire on them? [Jezebel]