The City is in the midst of its second season, and Olivia Palermo is stil a star, despite the negative portrayal of her character on the show.
Whether she’s attending a Guess by Marciano party wearing anything but Guess, giving the evil eye to Erin from across the table at the Elle offices, or failing to show up to Whitney Port’s photo shoot to conduct an interview after promising to do so, she’s most likely doing it in style.
This girl is super photogenic, and the camera just loves her, in spite of the fact that she rarely cracks a smile unless she’s totally kissing up to someone (Zac Pozen, for example).
But deep down inside, we all know that The City would be nothing without Olivia Palermo. Reality television needs all the catfights and gossip that this girl creates to keep viewers watching.
And thanks to The City, we can get a weekly dose of her impeccably sharp uptown city girl style to inspire our own wardrobes.
Palermo is a huge fan of classic essentials in timeless silhouettes, like sharp-shouldered blazers, black fur vests, Diane Von Furstenberg dresses, and striped boatneck shirts. She never steps outside without looking like an image of perfection.
This New York City socialite knows about dressing classy, but her love of accessories takes everything she wears to the next level. From silver metallic jazz shoes on her feet to bedazzling jeweled bibs around her neck, Palermo knows how to embellish any look to create a striking effect.
Yes, it seems like everyone on The City hates her – other than Elle creative director Joe Zee, that is – but maybe they just hate her because she’s beautiful.
Find out where you can go to snag two of Palermo’s urban chic looks, below.
Palermo balances glam and utility with light reflecting sequins around her neckline, and a rugged cargo jacket.
1. Black Perfect-fit Boatneck Tee from J. Crew – $39.50
2. Stuart Weitzman Bluster High Heel Booties from Shopbop.com – $435.00
3. Folded Hem Whiskered Shorts from Forever 21 – $22.80
4. Jeweled Medallions Necklace from Forever 21 – $6.80
5. Kooba Jordan Leather Tote from Bloomingdales – $575.00
6. Woven Cord Belt from Forever 21 -$8.80
7. Urban Renewal Army Surplus Jacket from Urban Outfitters – $48.00
Palermo adds an unexpected twist to her preppy striped top and tennis skirt with a pair of silver metallic jazz flats and eye-catching sunglasses.
1. Floral Eyelet Skirt from Forever 21 – $19.80
2. A.R. Trapp Troubadour Sunglasses from J. Crew – $395.00
3. DV Dolce Vita "Hank" Lace Up Flats from Bloomingdales – $52.00
4. Sabina Double Pocket Tote from Urban Outfitters – $198.00
5. Three Dots Striped Tee from Bloomingdales – $68.00