There is no Korean model cooler than Hyoni Kang.
She’s made her way to the top of the modeling world ever since she won the Ford Supermodel of the World contest in 2008, around the time when the lack of Asian models in the modeling world was garnering attention.
With her beauty, work ethic, and endless optimism, Kang shows that Asian models can make it in the industry, and she has been proudly representing her country ever since she came onto the scene.
She made her magazine cover debut alongside Korean supermodel Hye Park, and walked for major names like Marc by Marc Jacobs, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Karen Walker, and Michael Kors.
She’s starred in both Lacoste and DKNY campaigns, and renewed the latter just this year. With her signature ear-to-ear smile and fresh face that lights up the room, Kang cannot help but be noticed on and off the catwalks.
Her street style is a mix and match of tastes that range from colorful schoolgirl to rock and roll army girl. Her confidence makes her capable of pulling off any look, and she’s fearless when it comes to expressing her experimental fashion sense in any shape or form. She even makes sweats look like couture. Kang is a young style maker inside and out, who’s taking the fashion world by storm. Find out how to nab her unique style, below.
Hyoni Kang turns a simple sweatshirt into the ultimate casual statement piece, with fabulous strappy shoes and a blue satchel purse.
1. Alexander Wang Cross Back Sweatshirt from Net-a-porter – $245.00
2. Suede Pancho Bag from Queen’s Wardrobe – $137.00
4. Braided Chain Wrap Bracelet from Seventh Door – $19.00
5. Essential Denim Shorts from Forever 21 – $11.80
Kang mixes color and texture to create look that reflects her happy-go-lucky personality.
1. Dual Layered Knit Skirt from Forever 21 – $6.80
2. Wildfox Couture Arizona Crop Tee from urban Outfitters – $68.00
3. Microfiber Tights from We Love Colors – $12.50
4. Classy Croc Tote from Forever 21 – $18.80
5. Boyfriend Blazer from Victoria’s Secret – $29.99
6. Bocca Heel in Copper from Modcloth – $64.99
Kang goes for a more flirtatious look in an airy summer mini dress. She pulls the look together with a pair of thong sandals and a cute waist belt.
1. Blooming Tee Dress from Modcloth – $57.99
2. Leatherette Thong Sandals from Forever 21 – $15.80
3. Blue-ly, Madly, Deeply, Bag – $129.99
4. Interlocked Skinny Belt from Forever 21 – $4.50