Carey Mulligan became an overnight sensation after her lead role as Jenny in An Education started heating up the film festivals. The 25-year-old English actress landed quite a few award nominations soon after, and now she is one of the most sought after young actresses out there, with pure, raw talent to back up her well-known name.
She started her career as Kitty Bennet in Pride & Prejudice, alongside Keira Knightley, gained rave reviews for her onstage performance in The Seagull, and co-stared alongside her boyfriend Shia LaBeouf in the highly anticipated Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. Next up is a role in the dystopian drama Never Let Me Go, also starring Keira Knightley.
As much as she is recognized for her superb acting skills, she is also just as worthy of being noted for her simplistically chic sense of style. Her preference for the color black, ankle length trousers, simple flats, and classic patterns like stripes and plaid brings to mind a modern day Audrey Hepburn.
Her short pixie haircut lends her an androgynous air that beautifully complements her natural elegance and soft-spoken English accent. If we had to describe Carey in just a few words, we would say that she’s talented, timeless, and rare. Her type doesn’t come around too often these days in Hollywood.
Find out how to achieve Carey’s effortless and practical approach to fashion, below.
1. Vince High Waist Crop Pants from Shopbop – $230.00
2. MEADOW2 Fur Lined Moccasins from Topshop – $60.00
3. Ray-Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses from Shopbop – $145.00
4. Gemma Windowpane Plaid Silk Shirt from Bloomingdales – $160.00
1. Le Specs Round Sunglasses from Topshop – $90.00
2. Bryne Nicole Serrano Hobo Bag from Shopbop – $350.00
3. Bejeweled Scrunched Flats from Forever 21 – $17.80
4. Nautical Striped Cardigan from Forever 21 – $22.80
5. Vince High Waist Crop Pants from Shopbop – $230.00