From A-listers like Kanye West and Catherine Zeta-Jones, to the B- and C-listers who were omnipresent in the front rows at this season’s shows, here’s a list of some of the most memorable celebrity appearances at the Fall 2011 collection shows in New York.
Vanessa Hudgens and Fergie at Anna Sui; Kelly Osbourne at Alice + Olivia – images: WENN.com
2. Johnny Weir: Combining his love for skating and fashion, Johnny Weir performed at Elise Overland’s presentation, which this season took place at The Standard Hotel’s ice skating rink. He also popped up at Richie Rich and Isaac Mizrahi.
3. Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones: The power couple caused a frenzy when they showed their support for Michael Kors in light of his 30th Anniversary runway show.
4. Kelly Osbourne: She may have only attended one show, but when she explained that she was at Badgley Mischka because “I’m contracted to only go to this [show]," she instantly became one of the week’s most memorable.
5. Joan and Melissa Rivers: While Joan Rivers’ comic genius is undeniable (as are her QVC sales), it’s hard to believe her daughter once had a place interviewing celebrities on the red carpet. For better-or-worse, the always attention-grabbing duo were both in attendance at this season’s Elie Tahari show.
6. The Real Housewives of New York City: Their reality show’s upcoming season may have been pushed back reportedly due to its lack of drama, but that didn’t keep Ramona and Jill (camera and husband in hand), from the front row.
Kerry Washington, Zoe Saldana, and Kate Bosworth at Calvin Klein Fall 2011
8. Kerry Washington, Zoe Saldana, and Kate Bosworth: The trio of actresses were spotted in, respectively, blue, black, and orange monochromatic minis sitting all in one row at Calvin Klein – it doesn’t get much more fashionable than that.
9. Kim Kardashian: Only Kim K. would show up at a fashion show, in this case Charlotte Ronson, have her photo taken and then dash. Apparently there was “too much commotion.”
11. Vanessa Hudgens: Perhaps she was trying to forget her public drama with Zac Efron because Hudgens stopped by more New York Fashion Week shows than we could count. Among them were Marchesa, Yigal Azrouel, Tibi, Anna Sui, Diesel Black Gold, and Jeremy Scott.
12. Katrina Bowden: Known for little else besides being that girl on 30 Rock, Bowden still managed to snag front row seats at a slew of shows including BCBG Max Azria, The Heart of Truth Collection, Rebecca Minkoff, and Milly by Michelle Smith.