We’re yet to meet someone who doesn’t have a crazy fan-girl crush on Aussie heartthrob Chris Hemsworth, but, more often than not, the dedication to him is based on his looks.
We’re here to tell you the boy’s got brains too, and that mouth can deliver the goods. Heads out of the gutter, people, we’re saying that the rugged family man has said some heart-warming things in his time, and they’ve only made us fall in love with him even more.
Below: 14 quotes that prove Chris is so much more than just a pretty face and probably one of the greatest sons, brothers, dads and husbands going around.
1. On his relationship with his mother: “I’d like to think I’m a normal sort of guy, but go to my mum and she’ll probably say, ‘You know, Chris was always the daughter out of my three boys.'” — Glamour
2. On how his life changed after having kids: “Work all paled into the background as soon as I had a baby.” —News.com.au
3. On his relationship with his father: “My father and I are very similar and have a wonderful relationship, but we both stand by our opinions.” — Interview
4. On being the “Sexiest Man Alive”: “I got about 24 hours of bragging rights and then it was back to dishes and nappies.” — ET
5. On raising children: “As kids, our experiences shape our opinions of ourselves and the world around us, and that’s who we become as adults.” — Collider
6. On selflessness: “People who put themselves on the line and sacrifice their own safety for the greater good and for others, and anyone in any profession whose concern is the welfare for other people instead of the individual, are inspiring and important.” — Collider
7. On feminism: “Strong female leads are important.” — Glamour
8. On his life inspiration: “Growing up, my parents were my heroes, in the way they conducted their lives.” — Collider
9. On why Liam had painted toenails: “My daughter and my nieces paint everybody’s nails, so I actually had my nails painted as well around Christmas time.” — The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
10. On decision making: “I’ve watched Liam do things I did at his age, like being in relationships he shouldn’t be in, or being reckless just to prove a point. And I had no empathy. My mum had to remind me I was the same way.” — GQ
11. On where to raise your kids: “We were living in California, and it just wasn’t conducive for the lifestyle that we wanted with kids. Los Angeles is tricky to get around, there’s paparazzi to deal with, and I had this feeling that I just wanted to move back to Australia.” — The Daily Telegraph
12. On changing diapers: “Depends on how messy it is. Sometimes you gotta give ’em a hose-down.” — GQ
13. On putting your children first: “I had been very selfish for a really long time. And it’s refreshing for me that my focus and my motivations are about someone else and not my own selfish needs.” — The Daily Telegraph
14. On the important things in life: “For me, life is about experience and being a good person.” — ET