Sometimes a girl’s trip is just what you need, whether you’re mending a broken heart, feeling stressed out from work, or simply want to party the weekend away in Sin City with your BFFs. Our girls always know how to make us feel better (and so will these destinations). Check out these hot spots to steal away to this summer and enjoy a little weekend jaunt with the ladies.
1. Avenue Inn Bed and Breakfast in New Orleans, LA
Leave your guy problems at home and escape down south to New Orleans. When you and your bestie stay at this quaint Bed and Breakfast, you can take advantage of their “Breaking Up is So Very Hard to Do, But I’ll Get Over Him” three-night package for just $399 per person plus tax, double occupancy. You’ll score free parking, continental breakfast, a welcome bag of coupons for shopping, Mardi Gras beads and souvenirs, a copy of the book “He’s Just Not That Into You,” two pints of Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream (yum!), a one hour massage at Belladonna Day Spa and Salon, RTA passes for unlimited riding on the streetcar to the French Quarter and all over town, tickets to the Gray Line Cocktail History Tour and, best of all, a voodoo doll with pins and a permanent marker for his name! Ah, New Orleans has never looked soooo good.
2. Shore Hotel in Santa Monica, CA
Whether you’re flying in from out of town or live in the LA area like me and want to take a staycation with your BFF, this beautiful beachfront property offers a Girlfriend’s Getaway Package too irresistible to pass up. It includes overnight accommodations for two with two double/queen beds, two glasses of champagne upon arrival, two facials at Tikkun Spa, lunch for two at Blue Plate Taco by the pool, and surf or yoga paddleboard lessons for you and your girl. Available July 4 – September 30, just book 72 hours in advance and let the good times roll. Find rates for your specific dates here.
3. Wanderlust Outdoor Festival in Stratton, Vermont; Copper Mountain, Colorado; Squaw Valley, California and Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia, Canada
Grab your girlfriends and pack your bags. The nation’s fastest growing yoga and musical festival, Wanderlust, is back and better than ever this summer. It’s way more relaxing than raving your face off at EDC (we swear)! Combining the rejuvenation of yoga with the swagger of a music festival in some of the country’s most awe inspiring natural settings, Wanderlust serves up the perfect escape for yogis, music lovers, foodies, and outdoor enthusiasts alike. Check out a festival date near you, and enjoy the experience of a lifetime. Tickets range from $475 (for yoga + 4 days of music) down to $20 (for music Sunday night only).
- June 21-24, 2012 – Stratton Mountain, Vermont
- July 5-8, 2012 – Copper Mountain, Colorado
- July 26-29, 2012 – Squaw Valley USA, North Lake Tahoe, California
- August 23-26 – Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia, Canada
4. Total Rewards Girlfriends Getaway in Las Vegas
Bachelorette party or college reunion coming up? Buckle up baby, and get ready for the ride! Vegas is the ultimate spot to let loose with ALL your girls. And when you book 5 rooms through Caesars’ Total Experiences Specialists, their VIP concierge will plan your entire getaway for you free of charge. As members, you’ll receive VIP treatment, upgrades, champagne in your room upon check-in, and the perfect itinerary mapped out for you. Not to mention, you’ll get rewards points for everything you do. So if you book a spa package for a day, you’ll earn points to use toward reserving a poolside cabana or grabbing show tickets later.
Here’s a sample itinerary just to give you a taste:
- Complete VIP Check-In at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas
- Relax in a poolside cabana at the Garden of the Gods followed by a girlfriend’s spa day at Qua Baths & Spa
- Dine amongst an array of celebrity chefs, such as Gordon Ramsay at Paris Las Vegas, Bobby Flay at Mesa Grill in Caesars Palace or dine like the celebrities do at the ultra-chic KOI in Planet Hollywood Resort
- Be entertained by the sultry Matt Goss or experience some woman empowerment by checking out PeepShow
- Of course, you can’t deny the shopping – browse through the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace or Miracle Mile at Planet Hollywood
Depending on the resort property, room rates average between $79 per night to $250 on the weekends.