While it may be true that after the Oscars our heads are swimming with red carpet dressing, for die-hard fashionistas, there's something even more important happening — the last couple days of Paris Fashion Week. Right now designers are forecasting next year's red carpet trends on their runways. And these trends are not to be missed.
Hedi Slimane went mod by showing boots that are made for more than just walking, garnering tons of accolades on Twitter and at least one jeer from one very high-up editor. Elie Saab gave us so much to swoon over, not the least of which was a gorgeous cape.
Anna Dello Russo posed outside of a bus stop and another editor couldn't resist snapping a selfie in the reflection of Saint Laurent's runway set. Mickey Boardman tells us what a legend looks like and Rihanna is still the queen of celeb appearances. There's more, of course, including an up-close shot of a designer and her family as well as hearing the tale of how one editor was lucky enough to see a major celebrity we rarely see in public.
1. Mickey Boardman, Editorial Director at Paper Magazine
Meanwhile how is Catherine Deneuve still so fucking gorgeous? That bitch never ages! That's what a legend looks like.
— Mickey Boardman (@AskMrMickey) March 3, 2014
2. Joan Smalls, Model
There is never a dull moment during #PFW and @badgirlriri is giving me chillz. #HOT #CaribbeanGalz @Givenchyofficial
3. Claudia Croft, Fashion Editor at The Sunday Times
— claudia croft (@CroftClaudia) March 3, 2014
4. Lorraine Candy, Editor-in-Chief of UK Elle
Silver boots @saintlaurent #pfw they look soooo much better close up! Apologies for pic quality.
5. Anna Dello Russo, Editor-at-Large for Vogue Japan
#busstop #pfw #prada
6. Natalie Hartley, Fashion Director at Glamour Magazine
Inside @YSL #pfw
7. Vanessa Friedman, Fashion Editor at Financial Times
— Vanessa Friedman (@VVFriedman) March 3, 2014
8. Meenal Mistry, Fashion Director of Off Duty at The Wall Street Journal
The "cable knit" Balenciaga slicker is actually a sweater that's been laminated with latex. #pfw #wsjfashion
9. Ariel Foxman, Editor at InStyle
— Ariel Foxman (@ArielFoxman) March 3, 2014
10. Jane Keltner de Valle, Senior Fashion News Director at Teen Vogue
— Jane Keltner deValle (@JaneKeltnerdeV) March 3, 2014