Judging by the press conference held by Mayor Bloomberg where it was revealed that this year nearly 1,000 stores that have signed up to participate in Fashion’s Night Out (compared to 800 last year), this year’s global event will be bigger than ever.
Surrounded by some of the most prominent names in fashion including Anna Wintour, Marc Jacobs, Tommy Hilfiger, Carolina Herrera, Alexander Wang, and Mary Kate Olsen, the New York mayor also gave details on New York’s largest ever open-to-the-public, free fashion show that will be taking place at Lincoln Center on September 7th at 7:30pm.
Tickets (they start at $25), went up for sale on August 19th at the box office at Lincoln Center and online.
All proceeds of the show, which will include over 150 models, will go to benefit the NYC AIDS fund, and there is room for 1,500 public spectators.
If you can’t get a ticket to the show, CBS.com
will be broadcasting the show live online. The network will also be airing an hour-long special on "the making of Fashion’s Night Out" on Tuesday, September 14th.
We’ve already mentioned a number of the major events
, but below are some new, just announced additions to the New York City line-up.
– Korres Natural Products, 6-11pm
– Head to the Korres store in SoHo (110 Wooster Street) on Friday, September 10th for an evening of cocktails, cupcakes and makeovers. The event will feature ‘Detox Bubbles, Cupcakes & More’ for guests to enjoy . The stores will include a detox bar, serving complimentary antioxidant-infused cocktails based on the Greek skincare brand’s natural ingredients – Wild Rose, Pomegranate, Thyme Honey & Raspberry – along with delicious cupcakes also ‘packed’ with natural ingredients. Attendees can detox on the outside as well with a complimentary Korres makeover, or advice on how to wear Vogue’s hottest color looks of the season, using ‘green’ make-up. All guests will receive a product samples, including global bestsellers.
– Frédéric Fekkai, Marchesa, Henri Bendel, 6-9pm. Frédéric Fekkai Fifth Avenue Salon at Henri Bendel (712 Fifth Avenue) will present an interactive red carpet experience open to Fashion’s Night Out revelers. New York Fashionistas will become the celebrities, selecting from five award-winning Marchesa moments. The Fekkai hair and make-up team will re-create these signature styles, while your personal dresser waits to outfit and accessorize you in a Marchesa dress, House of Lavande jewelry and Christian Louboutin shoes.
-Finally, The City star and Olivia Palermo, will be on the red carpet styling and instructing guests how to pose like a star in front of the cameras, before having the paparazzi capture their Hollywood moment. All who participate will walk away with a print and digital professional quality photo, sent via email or SMS text messaging for easy distribution on Facebook and Twitter. This experience costs $75.00, and includes a red-carpet keepsake, and a chance to win the A-list sweepstakes that will include a Fekkai cut and color, two tickets to the Spring 2011 Marchesa Fashion Show, and a Henri Bendel 2010 VIP Client Card that entitles you to 25% off at all Henri Bendel locations (valid through January 2011). Proceeds will go to the NYC AIDS Fund, the official charity ofFashion’s Night Out.
– Hourglass, 5-10pm. The beauty brand will host a “Runway to Realway” Fashion’s Night Out event at the Sephora store in New York City’s Union Square. Artistic Director Gina Brooke and a team of make-up artists will create a performance art, avant-garde make-up show featuring the Fall 2010 collection, followed by consultations and Q&A, all of which begins at 7pm.
– Jo Malone Madison Avenue.
Experience the last days of summer with a refreshing treat at the Jo Malone Madison Avenue Boutique. Surrounded by beautiful fresh cut flowers inspired by Jo Malone floral fragrances, delight in the taste of homemade gelato served in unique Jo Malone flavors, such as Vanilla & Anise, Lime Basil & Mandarin, English Pear & Freesia and Nectarine Blossom & Honey.
Enjoy pampering Hand & Arm Massages and a personalized Fragrance Combining™ Consultation, and leave with fresh flowers arranged by world renowned British Floral Shop, Jane Packer.
– Jo Malone Saks Fifth Avenue. Stop by Jo Malone at Saks Fifth Avenue to taste custom, colorful macaroons offered in Jo Malone fragrance-inspired flavors such as Orange Blossom, Grapefruit, Red Roses and Wild Fig & Cassis. A bouquet of your choice created by British Floral Shop, Jane Packer, will also be yours to take away with you for the evening.
– Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdales 59th Street and Bloomingdales Soho will also offer custom made Jo Malone-flavored macaroons, Hand & Arm Massages and Fragrance Combining Consultations.
– Guerlain, 7-8pm. In celebration of Shalimar’s 85th anniversary, Guerlain has partnered with
Jade Jagger to create a new bottle for Shalimar Eau de Parfum. Jagger will be on hand at Saks Fifth Avenue to sign bottles of Shalimar Eau de Parfum.
As another exclusive offer at Saks Fifth Avenue for Fashion’s Night Out, Guerlain will have twenty limited edition Shalimar Parfum bottles, designed by Jade Jagger. These 20ml Shalimar Parfums will retail for $1,500, and are part of a collection of only 182 pieces in existence worldwide, representing the 182nd anniversary of the Maison Guerlain.