The ¾ length pant is back for fall, thanks to Isabel Marant.
The style hasn’t fully returned to fashion since its days of popularity during the 1950’s, when the pretty girls wore poodle skirts and drank milkshakes at the diner, and the bad girls smoked cigarettes while their boyfriends raced souped up cars behind the school lot.
The Isabel Marant girl is a balanced combination of the two – well, maybe leaning more towards the bad ass side. Marant conjured up her ideal retro femme fatale, who was a smart mix of tough and glamorous that is hard not to notice. Pants hit mid calf, and included fabrics like dark blue denim, show stopping blue sequins, and spicy red leather.
Even though the collection revolved around the pants, the jackets also made a statement. To get the Isabel Marant 50’s sense of style, pair your cropped pants with a distressed leather jacket layered under a tough structured leather one.
If you are feeling a bit more elegant, throw on an egg-shaped camel coat, or one in black fur. From classic sports jackets to cropped leather vests, outerwear was just as important as Marant’s leg slimming trousers.
Now all you have to do is pull your hair into a high ponytail (think Grease’s Sandra D), draw on some eyeliner, and throw on your pointiest pumps. You’ll be the coolest, sassiest looking girl in the room.
Find out how to get the look!
1. Vintage Denim Jacket from Forever 21 – $24.90
2. Rampage Nicki Pumps from Macy’s – $39.00
3. Soft Joie Maguire Top from Shopbop – $98.00
4. Elegantly Waisted Cummerbund Belt from Shopbop – $121.00
5. Lively Tear Drop Earrings from Forever 21 – $7.80
6. Rhinestone Bangle Set from Forever 21 – $10.80
7. Alice + Olivia Sequin Slim pants from Shopbop – $286.00