In 2010, fashion trends turned over pretty quickly. Here are the 10 most memorable trends – let's hope some of them don't carry into 2011!
1. After Sex and the City 2 took place in Abu Dhabi, turbans become the “it” hair accessory.
2. One has to wonder if Jennifer Lopez’s infamous green Versace dress would have generated as much attention in 2010 as it did at the 2000 Grammy’s given the amount of sheer garments that swept the runways at Proenza Schouler, Chanel, Donna Karan (above) and on red carpets.
3. Leopard won everyone over, from Michelle Obama to Givenchy’s Riccardo Tisci.
4. Bugs and skulls spawned countless ready-to-wear and accessory designs, courtesy of Bottega Veneta, Marni, Dominic Jones, and of course, Alexander McQueen. Who didn't purchase one of those skull-print silk scarves?
5. Silly Bandz inexplicably swept the nation, adorning the wrists of fashionable folks like Agyness Deyn.
6. Blame Chloe Sevigny, Brad Goreski, and Kanye West, but nerd glasses, courtesy of Tom Ford, Oliver Peoples, and Chanel, among others, were all the rage.
7. With the rise of brands like Erdem, 2010 was the year for prints.
8. Women, including street style favorite Kate Lanphear and Jessica Alba, made menswear-inspired fashion a trend.
9. Denim everything – pants, shirts, dresses, accessories, jumpers, head-to-toe denim, you name it – made a comeback. Think back to Derek Lam, Stella McCartney (above), Dries Van Noten, and stars like Rachel Bilson, Kylie Minogue (above) and Claire Danes.
10. Pajama dressing swept the runways at Donna Karan, Ralph Lauren, Roberto Cavalli, and the streets.