Last year, it was Zoe Saldana in Givenchy Haute Couture and Demi Moore in Versace that stole the show. Who will it be at the Oscars this year? Only time will tell (on February 27th), but here’s a wish list of what we’d love to see on the red carpet.
1. Natalie Portman in a floor-length gown version of this F/W 2010 Rodarte look. It would be appropriate, considering the Rodarte sisters designed all of the Black Swan costumes.
2. Tilda Swinton in S/S 2011 Jil Sander. Tilda Swinton wore Jil Sander exclusively in I Am Love.
3. Nicole Kidman, who is now as well known for her overly botoxed face as she is for her acting chops, will hopefully opt for a gown with movement like this S/S 2011 look from Lanvin.
4. Understated yet eye-catching, this S/S 2011 Erdem gown would be perfect for Michelle Williams.
5. This S/S 2011 Marchesa look is truly unforgettable; it would be a shame if someone didn’t wear it on the red carpet – let’s hope it’s Anne Hathaway.
6. She modeled in his exclusive S/S 2011 show, so it would only be fitting that Julianne Moore opt for a S/S 2011 Tom Ford look.
7. Amy Adams’ fair complexion would radiate in this Fall 2010 Ellie Saab Haute Couture look.
9. Let’s hope that if potential Academy Award nominee (for best original song) Christina Aguilera comes to this year’s Oscars, she opts for this Fall 2010 Christian Dior Haute Couture look, and leaves the Herve Leger at home.