Melania Trump is one of those women who ALWAYS looks put together, so it’s no surprise that the holiday cover of Philadelphia Style is one of the magazine’s chicest yet. Out on Friday, Mrs. Trump graces the cover and, on the inside, reveals more about her modeling days, Melania Timepieces & Jewelry collection for QVC, and being married to the Donald.
Yours truly, on the other hand, can tend to feel and most certainly look, a bit frazzled this time of year. Between shopping for gifts, holiday travel and the December party circuit, I barely have time to eat, let alone worry about something as extravagant as getting a manicure.
With the season kicking into high gear, I decided THIS will be the year I take on the holidays…and win. In the spirit of giving (or, what I suspect, pity), Melania shared a few of her secrets with me, which I’m now declaring the official Rules for Surviving The Holidays in Style:
- GET ORGANIZED. Make a list of every occasion, party, and event you’ll be attending this holiday season. Plan NOW what you’ll wear for each.
- PLAN AHEAD. Don’t wait until the last minute to shop for outfits and gifts for loved ones.
- MIX AND MATCH. “I love to wear a black dress with flats during the day, pairing it with a statement watch and necklace. For evening, I’ll pair the same black dress with heels, and accessorize with sparkly earrings, a bracelet, and an eye-catching ring.”
- KEEP IT ELEGANT AND CHIC. When in doubt, wear what you feel great in. Modern, classic clothes and jewelry are always in style.
- RELAX! Remember to take time for yourself, too.
images: Philadelphia Style; Melania Trump