Jacqueline Durran, this year's Oscar nominee for costume design for Anna Karenina and the woman behind iconic films like Pride and Prejudice and Atonement answers our 21 questions.
1. For inspiration I go to…the flea market.
2. When I want to relax, I head to…the sea-side.
3. The biggest challenge about being a costume designer is…not enough time and high expectations.
4. The most difficult costume I have designed…The opening number for Keira Knightly in Atonement.
5. Favorite city in the world…Istanbul.
6. Favorite city to shop…Paris.
7. Most inspirational film…Anything by Federico Fellini.
8. My guilty pleasure is…eBay.
9. Best part of working on a period piece…is rediscovering the different styles.
10. Actor or actress I was most excited to work with…Gary Oldman in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
11. Favorite film I have worked on…Anna Karenina.
12. Favorite movie I have seen this year…The Masterpiece.
13. The one fashion trend that should be banned for good is…high-waisted trousers.
14. Best styling tip I use…look around always.
15. Favorite gift I have received…a print picture from English artist, Anthony Gross.
16. Clothing item I currently wear most often…a pair of trousers I designed based on Russian peasant trousers.
17. Beauty product I can't live without…8 hour cream.
18. Most inspirational designer…Junya Watanabe.
19. Shoes, bags or jewelry… definitely shoes.
20. Favorite store I like to shop…Lost & Found in L.A.
21. If you opened my refrigerator, you will find…lemon preserves.