Mad Men cutie (and our favorite Love Actually accent chaser) January Jones was by far one of the stylish standouts on the Screen Actors Guild Awards red carpet recently.
We’ve got the scoop on how to get her look.
We’re not going to lie, one of the reasons that January’s gown was such a stunner was because it was so incredibly unique. The ornately designed halter that twists into an empire waist is going to be very hard to come by. Short of commissioning a seamstress to craft you your very own look alike, you may not be able to get your hands on a dead ringer of this gown, but you certainly can find dresses that incorporate some of the successful elements of January’s.
Things to look for:
• O-ring halter: January’s dress halter isn’t your normal bikini halter; it gathers the top of the dress along an o-shaped shaped halter. While this definitely isn’t a commonplace design, it’s not impossible to find a dress with this feature.
• Empire waist: January’s gown is gathered in an empire waist (one just below her bust) that then drapes into a flow-y full skirt.
• Ornate embellishment: January’s gown is simple and solid-colored with the exception of the ornate embellishment of the bodice. This intricate design keeps an otherwise simple dress from being plain and the simplicity of the rest of the dress keeps the ornate embellishment from being overwhelming. It’s a balancing act and one that is important to remember as you search for your own gown.
Some gowns to consider:
• This strapless gold banded dress by Flip is white as opposed to January’s black and is strapless instead of having a halter top however it solid colored and gathers a full skirt into an ornately designed gold banded waist.
• This embellished black jersey dress by JS Boutique has silver embellishment however like January’s dress it is black with an empire waist and o-ring halter.
• For a simpler take on January’s look, this Vera Wang sapphire scoopneck satin trim gown on sale at Bluefly has a full skirt-ed bottom gathered into an empire waist and an o-ring halter however its details are solid-colored instead of intricately embellished.
January accessorizes her look with large gold hoop earrings that perfectly complement the gold design on her gown. Fortunately for completing your own look, large gold hoop earrings are not too challenging to come by. These gold textured triple hoops by G by GUESS is only $14.50 and fun piece that you will get a lot of mileage with, whether it’s with your January-inspired gown or almost any other outfit.
Originally published by SheKnows.com