Runway News

New York Fashion Week Spring 2014 Hits and Misses: Part 3 (Forum Buzz)

The Misses: Marchesa, Calvin Klein Collection, Marc Jacobs. Images via IMAXtree.

The Misses: Marchesa, Calvin Klein Collection, Marc Jacobs. Images via IMAXtree.

THE MISSES:

Marchesa

“I'm nauseous. I mean how unimaginative can you get. It's all just too much while doing absolutely nothing at all.” [reese06]

“Gorgeous… but seriously one-note. I mean are there even cocktail dresses?? Red carpet dressing. PR PR PR!!” [CharlottefromCA]

“95% of this collection is just ugly, the other 5% is uglier.” [VogueDisciple93]

See all the looks and read our review of the Marchesa collection.

 

Calvin Klein Collection

“I don't like it at all, it's not minimalistic enough for me. The fringe things were hideous.” [anlabe32]
 
“I happen to like my Calvin Klein clean and minimal, therefore this is disgusting.” [HeatherAnne]

“So much of this is incredibly unflattering. The low hips compounded with excess fabric leaves the models looking misshaped. Could have been a great collection if he shaved off a lot of the excess fabric – coats were ruined by extra long sleeves, skirts by wings, and dresses by bloated hips. It all consumes the wearer. Such a shame, with proper editing this could have been a wonderful collection.” [VogueDisciple93]

See all the looks and read our review of the Calvin Klein collection.

 

Marc Jacobs

“This is just a mess and it’s pretty sad. From the collection to the casting (um, Sky Ferreira?). I don't see spring in this anywhere, unless you're the Addams family going on vacation to Siberia.” [rougevalentino]

“It looks like yet another one of his Comme des Garcons rip-offs. Those dramatic and casual pairings are straight from her repertoire.” [Scott]

“I'm appalled how hideous the collection was.” [MetroMelannie]

See all the looks are read our review of the Marc Jacobs collection. 

Follow TFS on Pinterest

Twitter timeline

Follow Us

Facebook recommendations

Recommended on Facebook

SyndicatedTV Widget