What makes you click? If you're like me, afternoon lulls take one of two forms: Instagram trolling or fake online shopping. With regards to the latter, I say "fake" because my eComm session usually ends with a mental flash of my bank account, a quick snap shut of my wallet and a wistful abandoned shopping cart.
So…what makes you click? I found my answer last week when I visited the latest brainchild of Bonobos' Andy Dunn: a new womenswear collection that goes by the name of AYR. AYR stands by its style pillars of effortless, edited and essential, a line designed to be worn All Year Round. Stay tuned for the full collection launching early 2014. For now, a denim "pop up" if you will, featuring the most premium denim in a variety of washes and styles — with the new charcoal Ciggy hitting virtual shelves today.
Do I need another pair of jeans in my closet? Survey says, good God no. So what made me click? The site welcomes with a light and airy introduction, a mix of gorgeous images and brief descriptors, followed by an insanely detailed and intuitive way to shop with, wait for it, scrolling video. Why have brands not done this before?! I felt like the jeans were right in front of me, analyzing every seam, button and rivet. And, yeah, I clicked.
Post purchase, I caught up with Brand Director Maggie Winter and Design Director Jac Cameron for a speed round of style questions:Style Icon:
- Maggie: Emmanuelle Alt
- Jac: Daphne Guinness, Kate Moss and Carine Roitfeld
- Maggie: Three-way tie: Cafe Gitane, John's Pizza and Shun Lee
- Jac: Caravan of Dreams is vegan/vegetarian deliciousness
- Maggie: The Amazon
- Jac: Macchu Pichu, Peru
Best Advice You've Ever Received:
- Maggie: Be good to people.
- Jac: Never marry a drinker – my mother told me that.
If you weren't doing this for a living, you'd be_____:
- Maggie: A writer. Probably a struggling one.
- Jac: Owner of Jac's Guac Shack
Last Thing You Googled:
- Maggie: "NYC exotic fish store"
- Jac: "Air BNB apartments in Venice Beach"
Favorite Era for Fashion (and Why):
- Maggie:The 90s for its gorgeous minimalism. I aspire to it, though I'm a hoarder by nature.
- Jac: Grunge. I like layers upon layers and unkempt hair.
Looking Forward To in 2014:
- Maggie: The launch of AYR!!!
- Jac: (ditto)