What happens when you throw a dinner party for a hilariously outspoken TV style expert, a renowned celebrity stylist, a red carpet-seasoned actress, a respected fashion journalist, a Condé Nast creative director and a professional trend forecaster to discuss all things fashion? Magic.
TheFashionDish, an original series from theFashionSpot, brings together fashion industry experts for dinner and rowdy, hilarious, yet informative, conversation. This debut episode was filmed at the end of New York Fashion Week’s Fall 2014 show season and tackles a number of hot button topics including runway diversity, New York’s identity as a fashion city, what drives fashion trends, the future of Lincoln Center, the season’s most exciting emerging talent and more.
Originally released as a series of short clips, we now bring you the full episode featuring unseen footage of our esteemed panelists:
- June Ambrose, a leading celebrity stylist whose clients include Jay Z, Missy Elliot and Zoe Saldana.
- Robert Verdi, a celebrity stylist (best known for his work with Eva Longoria), television personality and lifestyle expert.
- Laurie Brookins, a veteran fashion journalist who has interviewed designers like Tom Ford, Frida Giannini and Alber Elbaz.
- Katie Cassidy, the star of The CW’s Arrow and co-founder of the fashion blog TomboyKC.
- Jaclyn Jones, Senior Womenswear Editor at WGSN, a leading trend forecasting firm.
- Chiun-Kai “Chunky” Shih, fashion photographer, Condé Nast creative director and the creator of Hipstamatic’s ‘Chunky’ lens.
Julie Bensman, theFashionSpot’s editor-at-large, moderated the discussion, which was filmed at The Lion in New York City.
Catch it all here, only on theFashionSpot!