At the close of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015, we brought together seven incredible, outspoken industry insiders for our second season of theFashionDish. The result? Pure magic.Thought-provoking, inspiring, and often hilarious, our dishers debated a number of hot-button topics including runway diversity, what it takes to be a top model in 2015, and the state of the fashion industry today.
Originally released as a series of clips, above is the full no-holds-barred conversation featuring our esteemed panelists:
- Robert Verdi – Celebrity stylist, television personality and second-time theFashionDish panelist.
- J Alexander (aka Miss J) – Television personality, Teen Choice Award-winning author and runway coach on America’s Next Top Model.
- Phillip Bloch – Designer, author, former model and Hollywood’s premier stylist.
- Elsa Hosk – Victoria’s Secret Angel and IMG supermodel.
- Lisa Benson – Senior manager at IMG Models, responsible for the careers of Lily Aldridge, Chrissy Teigen, Chanel Iman and more.
- Jaclyn Jones – Senior womenswear editor for WGSN, the leading global trend forecaster and second-time theFashionDish panelist.
- Teri Agins – Acclaimed fashion writer, The Wall Street Journal columnist (“Ask Teri”) and author of The End of Fashion and the recently released Hijacking the Runway.
Julie Bensman, theFashionSpot’s editor-at-large, moderated the discussion, which was filmed at The Lion in New York City, September 2014.