In our season opener of theFashionDish, there was one topic on everyone’s lips: Kanye West’s dramatic takeover of New York Fashion Week. Whether presenting his collection for Adidas Originals or sitting front row at Alexander Wang with wife Kim Kardashian and baby North West, West’s presence was nothing short of a media circus. Many fashion insiders were unimpressed, including Fern Mallis, who told the New York Post that his “agenda is not my style.” In fact, Mallis’ comments went viral on the very day we taped this episode, proof positive of West’s polarizing love-him-or-hate-him popularity. Watch above as Mallis and the rest of our experts discuss West’s industry credibility — and find out which important American designer the rapper allegedly asked to design his collection.
About theFashionDish, Season Three
On the final evening of New York Fashion Week Fall 2015, we brought together seven incredible, outspoken industry insiders for our third season of theFashionDish. Hosted by Robert Verdi, watch in the coming weeks as our Dishers debate a number of thought-provoking and often controversial topics, including size diversity on the runways, Instamodels and the theater of fashion.
About the experts:
- Robert Verdi (host) – Celebrity stylist, television personality and third-time theFashionDish panelist.
- Fern Mallis – Former executive director of the CFDA, host of Fashion Icons with Fern Mallis lecture series and author of the forthcoming book Fashion Lives: Fashion Icons with Fern Mallis.
- Aliza Licht – SVP Global Communications at Donna Karan International (best known as DKNY PR Girl) and author of the upcoming book Leave Your Mark.
- Nicolette Mason – Well-known fashion and beauty blogger and contributor to such publications as Marie Claire.
- Pandora Amoratis – Style director of OK! magazine, overseeing all celebrity fashion and beauty coverage.
- David Yi – Writer, editor and stylist, aka The Seoulcialite, who has been published in The Wall Street Journal, WWD, ELLE, Harper’s Bazaar, Style.com and more.
- Kitty Cash – DJ, producer and esteemed tastemaker in the global creative community.