Despite pressure from groups like the CFDA and Bethann Hardison’s Balance Diversity, the fashion industry still has a diversity problem. While it continues to make (very) small strides with regards to race representation, there has been very little progression when it comes to size diversity on the runways. In this episode of theFashionDish, we talk to prominent plus-sized blogger Nicolette Mason to get her thoughts on the importance of inclusion on the runways for all women. Watch above as our dishers weigh in on this very important topic.
Previously on theFashionDish: Does Kanye West Belong at Fashion Week?
About theFashionDish, Season Three
On the final evening of New York Fashion Week Fall 2015, we brought together seven incredible, outspoken industry insiders for our third season of theFashionDish. Hosted by Robert Verdi, watch in the coming weeks as our Dishers debate a number of thought-provoking and often controversial topics, including size diversity on the runways, Instamodels and the theater of fashion.
About the experts:
- Robert Verdi (host) – Celebrity stylist, television personality and third-time theFashionDish panelist.
- Fern Mallis – Former executive director of the CFDA, host of Fashion Icons with Fern Mallis lecture series and author of the forthcoming book Fashion Lives: Fashion Icons with Fern Mallis.
- Aliza Licht – SVP Global Communications at Donna Karan International (best known as DKNY PR Girl) and author of the upcoming book Leave Your Mark.
- Nicolette Mason – Well-known fashion and beauty blogger and contributor to such publications as Marie Claire.
- Pandora Amoratis – Style director of OK! magazine, overseeing all celebrity fashion and beauty coverage.
- David Yi – Writer, editor and stylist, aka The Seoulcialite, who has been published in The Wall Street Journal, WWD, ELLE, Harper’s Bazaar, Style.com and more.
- Kitty Cash – DJ, producer and esteemed tastemaker in the global creative community.