New York Fashion Week is as much about the experience as it is about the clothes. Whether it’s the street style peacockers, the over-the-top after-parties or the shows themselves, Fashion Week is eight days of non-stop drama. This season, Thom Browne created a macabre play to show off his Fall 2015 collection, while Moncler Gamme Rouge created an elaborate set resembling a giant box of chocolates — just a few examples of the lengths designers will go to grab the fashion pack’s attention and produce something original. Find out what our experts think about the theater of it all in our latest episode of theFashionDish.
Previously on theFashionDish: The Best Shows from NYFW Fall 2015
About theFashionDish, Season Three
On the final evening of New York Fashion Week Fall 2015, we brought together seven incredible, outspoken industry insiders for our third season of theFashionDish. Hosted by Robert Verdi, watch in the coming weeks as our Dishers debate a number of thought-provoking and often controversial topics, including size diversity on the runways, Instamodels and the theater of fashion.
About the experts:
- Robert Verdi (host) – Celebrity stylist, television personality and third-time theFashionDish panelist.
- Fern Mallis – Former executive director of the CFDA, host of Fashion Icons with Fern Mallis lecture series and author of the forthcoming book Fashion Lives: Fashion Icons with Fern Mallis.
- Aliza Licht – SVP Global Communications at Donna Karan International (best known as DKNY PR Girl) and author of the upcoming book Leave Your Mark.
- Nicolette Mason – Well-known fashion and beauty blogger and contributor to such publications as Marie Claire.
- Pandora Amoratis – Style director of OK! magazine, overseeing all celebrity fashion and beauty coverage.
- David Yi – Writer, editor and stylist, aka The Seoulcialite, who has been published in The Wall Street Journal, WWD, ELLE, Harper’s Bazaar, Style.com and more.
- Kitty Cash – DJ, producer and esteemed tastemaker in the global creative community.