Model-turned-designer Erin Wasson presented her fall collection early in the week. Frankly, Ms. Wasson did not exactly wow us with one-of-a-kind statement pieces, but she managed to stay true to herself and her rugged, rebel-chic aesthetic. She stuck to a neutral palette and slouchy separates, with an assortment of casual shoes and her signature cross pendants.
Mixing up the monotony by, for example, throwing a short dress over a long one, burring a turtleneck under a tunic, or stacking sweatshirts upon sweatshirts, Erin Wasson’s creative layering process was quite similar to that of Richard Chai’s, whose collection debuted earlier that morning. Skinnies and tees might already be piled high in your closet, but here is an adorable replica of one of Wasson’s more inventive fall looks. Enjoy!
1. Knit beret, $7.20 at Dillard’s
2. Basket weave cuff, $5.80 at Forever 21
3. Turtleneck, $30 at J. Crew
4. Floral cotton square scarf, $21.30 at Asos
5. Maxi dress, $54 at Zappos
6. Striped slip-ons, 2 for $30 at Urban Outfitters