It’s August, and we’re still in the midst of summer. Many of you will be taking vacations and visiting some of the world’s biggest and best cities.
It’s always fun to look chic in the concrete jungle, but sometimes that can be hard to do when it’s over 100 degrees outside.
But don’t worry – whether you’re visiting Los Angeles, Boston, Seattle, or New York City, there are numerous tricks to packing light and making your escape a memorable and fashionable one.
The key is packing essential pieces that can be reworked and recycled throughout the week. Think stripes, breezy denim, long strapped purses, and shoes that are chic yet can still withstand miles of pavement walking.
Here are three city-friendly looks that can take the heat while still looking sharp and edgy, which will help you start planning a trip to your metropolis of choice!
A lightweight scarf is the perfect accessory on a warm summer day in the city, and creates fun pattern when mixed with the stripes.
1. Wild Stripes Top from Forever 21 – $10.80
2. Twist Lock Shoulder Bag from Forever 21 – $24.80
3. Les Halles The Bandage Miniskirt from Shopbop.com – $74.00
4. Harness Harley Boots from Free People – $268.00
5. Kissaria Scarf from Free People – $58.00
Add a bohemian vibe to a plaid shirt with suede sandals and a vintage-inspired leather purse.
1. Vince Plaid Trapeze Top from Shopbop.com – $225.00
2. Classic Cuffed Denim Shorts from Forever 21 – $17.80
3. Free People Cardigan from Shopbop.com – $98.00
4. Linea Pelle Cross Body Bag from Shopbop.com – $225.00
5. Raytown Open Toe Bootie from Free People – $118.00
This crochet top is breathable, and the sandals and shorts add a fun African safari vibe.
1. Crochet Knit Sweater from Forever 21 – $22.80
2. Jeffrey Cambell Cayman Sandals from Shopbop.com – $62.00
3. Doub’s Cross Body Woven Bag from Free People – $48.00
4. Alice + Olivia Butterfly Shorts from Shopbop.com – $188.00
5. Owl Feather Necklace from Forever 21 - $6.80