Autumn is fast approaching. Even though we are all ready to start throwing on the layers to fight against the nighttime chill, summer is here to stay for a couple more weeks.
Many of us are sick of summer’s long, hot days, and are ready to do a major wardrobe turnaround and embrace our fall fashion fantasies of chunky knits and woolly blazers.
For now, we can mix and match our favorite fall pieces with our summer essentials.
The blazer is one of fall’s most beloved layering pieces that keep us warm without weighing us down. Pairing a blazer with your favorite distressed summer shorts is the perfect juxtaposition. Just add a lightweight button-up blouse, and you’re good to go until its time to trade in those shorts for a pair of woolly trousers.
Or, if you decide that you cannot wait until October to pull out your woolly trousers, throw them on now with a lightweight racer back tank so you don’t sweat during the day.
Add a long silk scarf for a burst of color that will give you that layering effect reminiscent of fall, while still remaining light enough for summer.
Check these two in-between season outfits, and get ready to look chic during that awkward time between September and October.
1. Madewell Fall Midnight Blazer from Shopbop – $169.00
2. Dolce Vita Tate 5 Buckle Lug Sandals from Shopbop – $119.00
4. Tribal Embroidered Denim Shorts from Forever 21 – $18.90
5. Plaid Basics Shirt from Forever 21 – $19.90
2. Rose Brushed Top from Forever 21 – $14.80
3. Hello My Darling Hat from Forever 21 – $7.80
4. Drawstring Hobo Bag from Forever 21 – $32.80
5. Joe’s Jeans Unforgettable Wedge Sandals from Shopbop – $220.00