Red is no longer reserved only for your lips, nails and shoes. Balmain’s red leather pants brought this striking and sexy color back into the limelight, but it is also showing up on some of our most classic and essential pieces like coats, shift dresses and lengthy skirts.
The girl here looks like a mystical being in her sheer red maxi skirt that bares her ankles. She wears it against a muted color palette of camel, brown and black. Your eyes go directly to her lower half and that is exactly the point. It’s like a burst of sunshine on an overcast day.
Let red infuse your wardrobe in larger amounts than just a drop of it on your fingertips. It will take your outfit to a whole new level of spiciness.
Learn how to get the look below with the closest version of a sheer red maxi skirt we could find online:
1. SMYTHE Wrap Coat from Shopbop – $835.00
2. Diane von Furstenberg Opal Crisscross Wedge Sandals from Shopbop – $295.00
3. Equipment Hard Feelings Satin Blouse from Shopbop – $198.00
4. Classic Small Leatherette Bag from Forever 21 – $19.80
5. Chiffon Double-Layered Full Length Skirt from American Apparel – $58.00